³¹hyogo

AUGUST
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
"hyogo"

─────────────────

the group of friends were currently waiting outside of eren's home, all of them sat inside the same car that y/n had borrowed from gojo. y/n sat at the driver's seat with jean beside her, the boy leaning to the window as he tried to get some sleep.

apparently, waking up at eight am in the morning was too early for the boy, hence his current grumpiness.

"can i hit them?" jean asked, the boy visibly tired due to the early trip. "like, please?"

mikasa raised a brow at him, before turning around to look at the two second years he was talking about. "what's that going to do to them?"

the boy shrugged. "i don't know, but it'll make me feel better."

a chuckle escaped past y/n's lips, as the girl leaned back on the driver's seat, placing her arm on jean's seat before using the other to drink the her daily dose of matcha. "you'll be alright jean. they'll calm down at least thirty minutes into the ride, and you'll be able to sleep peacefully."

the boy pushed his head up, looking at y/n with narrowed eyes. "i'm trusting your word for that y/n."

the girl simply grinned at him in return, before he dropped his head back down onto the window, his eyes now shut. y/n then looked back at the house they were at, mentally groaning. "eren better hurry up or else i'm going in there myself."

"no you're not." mikasa immediately replied.

"yeah she's right. you're not." jean joined in, his eyes still shut.

y/n tried to fend off the grin forming on her face, knowing what they were going on about. "oh yeah? why not?"

y/n watched as mikasa crossed her arms over each other through the rear view mirror, "just no."

now y/n really couldn't help the grin from forming, as one sketched itself on her face. "why? you saving my bi-ass for you, mikasa?"

mikasa pushed up her scarf further up her face, hiding the heat that she felt creep up her cheeks. "no..."

a laugh then emitted from y/n's mouth, before her eye caught eren casually walking out his door, pecking his mother on the cheek as a goodbye. y/n then sat up straighter, as she pulled the window down on jean's side - as that was the side where eren's home was.

jean immediately woke up as y/n began to start the engine. she looked over at eren, voice booming out the window. "get in jaeger or we're leaving you." she then looked over to eren's mother, carla, flashing her a wide smile. "bye mrs jaeger! thanks for letting me steal your child for three days!"

a visible smile was seen on the woman's faceas she waved at them. "thanks for getting him out of the house! he's done nothing but sit on his ass all the time!"

eren immediately turned around, "mom!"

carla simply let out a hearty laugh at her son's reply, "bye darling, stay safe! all of you!"

as eren got into the car, everyone waved at the woman goodbye, along with yelling out their own goodbyes. as eren got in comfily and shut the door, y/n rolled up the window on jean's side, before pressing on the pedal.

"god i love your mother." y/n commented, as eren simply rolled his eyes and got on his phone.

"yeah well you're not going to be my stepmom anytime soon." eren mumbled. "or ever."

y/n simply winked at him through the rear-view mirror, "bet."

eren looked at her through the same mirror, somewhat mortified. "i have a dad-"

"hyogo"

"i'm never getting into a car again..." connie mumbled, stretching his body as he got out of the car. they'd finally arrived at the hotel they were staying at for three days, seeing as they didn't want to be travelling twelve hours everyday for the whole event. the event was on for three days, and the whole group decided it'd be ideal to stay in a hotel there. they could also explore hyogo, going to multiple malls, exhibits, shops, just for the hell of it.

"stop being dramatic con'." y/n smacked the back of the boy's shaved head, "you were asleep practically the whole ride."

"but my legs are cramped! not to mention i felt like i was going deaf with sasha snoring into my ear-"

"THE FOOD AWAITS! LET'S GO!" sasha yelled, grabbing her bags as she ran inside the hotel lobby. the others simply watched the girl, not expecting her to do anything but to come back - seeing as they hadn't checked in yet.

not even a minute later, sasha came running back, her bag in her hands as the excited look on her face didn't falter. the group simply chuckled at her actions, watching as she eagerly bounced on the balls of her feet.

y/n simply shook her head with a smile, before completely taking all of the bags out of the back. armin walked inside the hotel, taking one of the baggage carts and brought it to them, as mikasa helped pile the bags on it.

eren's mouth was gaping, open as he stared at the tall, luxury-style building before them. he then turned back to y/n, an expression of disbelief on his face. "i thought we told you not to book us at an expensive hotel?!"

y/n scoffed at him, giving him cocky look as he shut the back door. "and i thought that i told you that i like spoiling you guys?"

eren's face didn't falter, still the same look on his face as y/n simply winked at him, before placing her arm around sasha's shoulders - calming her down in the process. every one was ready to go in, as they all had their bags on the cart, along with them being out of the car already.

"let's go sash, who knows what will happen if we keep you away from the food any longer." y/n chuckled, directing the girl inside the hotel, ready to check in.

" y/n chuckled, directing the girl inside the hotel, ready to check in