Chpt 14: Changes

One Year Later

It's been a year since everything happened in Hawkins. And a lot has changed.

Fist of all, Hopper and i finally moved out of that shitty bungalow and we now live in a cabin in the woods. It's bigger than our last place and it feels more like home rather than a stingy house.

When we found El in the woods that night, we knew we couldn't bring her back to the house. So, Hopper suggested we bring her to his grandpas old cabin. There were boxes everywhere, it was dusty and the windows were broken, but, it would do.

I'm still close with Nancy and Johnathan... Sort of. I smile at them in the hallway but that's it. We haven't really spoken since that night at Johnathans place. I do wish we were closer but... Things don't always roll that way.

Another thing that has changed is that i now have a boyfriend. Not just a hookup. A boyfriend. His names Jake Whitlock. He moved here a couple of months ago and is in his first year of college.

I met him at a party during the summer and i've been with him ever since. He's sweet and protective and smart. He doesn't like star wars though... I'm still trying to fix that.

Right at this moment, i don't think my life could get better. I have a full family again, a boyfriend and a walkman.

The only part of my life that i am still unsure about is Steve Harrington. I surprisingly missed having him around. We haven't said one word to each other since last year.

I think he's forgotten i existed. I sometimes pass him in the hallway but he won't even look at me. It doesn't bother me. Why would it?

I myself haven't changed much. Except my hair. I dyed it back to its natural colour few months ago. I also have been putting on less makeup. I feel less of a need to prove myself to people i guess.

"Joy, Hopper said wake" Eleven said as she poked me. I slowly opened my eyes and groaned. "What's he making?" i asked. "Egos" she said with a smirk.

I sat up quickly. "Wait, what time is it?" i questioned. "It's... Eight- one- five." "Eight- one five?... Eight fifteen. Shit i'm late" i said bolting up out of bed. I grabbed some clothes and threw them on as i brushed my teeth quickly.

"I'm late!" i shouted as i grabbed and ego and sprinted out of the door. I ran past all the trees until i got to the main road just outside the woods. I saw Jake parked in his red BMW looking at his watch.

"Your late!" he exclaimed. "Sorry, i slept in" i said swinging the car door open. He rolled his eyes slightly. I was rummaging through my bag as he suddenly pulled me in for a kiss.

"I missed you" he mumbled. "I missed you too... Now go or ill be late" i replied with a chuckle. "You mean we'll be late" he said. "Yea, whatever, now drive!"

When we arrived at the school, i was about to hop out of the car until Jake grabbed my arm. "Where you going? Come here" he said as he kissed my jawline.

"Jake, i have to go" i said trying to push him off as i laughed. He continued kissing me as he made his way down to my neck. I was laughing at his gesture until the sound of a loud engine made us both stop.

We looked out the window to see the new kid Billy Hargrove and his little sister step out of the car. "Do you know who that is?" Jake questioned. "Not really, i've seen him around the school. He seems like a bit of an asshole" i said.