Chapter Thirty Four

𝐸𝑛𝑧𝑜 ☽

We woke up pretty early that morning.

Even though I begged Aurora to stay in bed with me, she insisted that we got up and got dressed.

We were leaving this afternoon to catch our flight to our first destination.

Italy.

I was anxious. So fucking anxious. 

It wasn't anything about family this time.. it was more of the déjà vu.

I hadn't been to Italy in almost a decade. My entire life there was somewhat hell. There were good moments, but there were so many bad moments.

I hadn't told Aurora where we were going first. She hadn't actually asked me either.

"Does your family know your leaving today?"

She nodded, "I told them I would be leaving two days after the wedding."

My hand was on the small of her back as I guided her toward the kitchen to grab some breakfast for us.

We needed to do some packing, but otherwise we were pretty much ready to leave.

"Are we using the rental car?"

She shook her head, "Derek offered to drop us off."

"Oh, okay."

She walked to the pantry while I leaned against the island counter with my phone in my hand.

I was reading my mother's messages over and over again.

I understood them.. I guess I was just trying to process them. It's so confusing.

"Enzo? Is everything okay?"

I looked up from my phone to find a concerned Aurora staring up at me with two bowls of cereal in her hands.

I clicked the side button on my phone and shut it off.

"Yeah, sorry. Was just going over some emails."

She arched an eyebrow, "I know you weren't. You usually wear your glasses for that."

I cracked a smile at that. She knew me too well.

"Not always," I replied.

"Not always, huh?"

She stood on her toes and pressed a kiss to my cheek.

"We can talk later, okay? You can tell me anything, Enzo. I love you, but I'm hungry right now."

She turned on her heel and started making her way toward the dining table. I chuckled and followed her.

We sat down together. She placed a bowl in front of me and started digging into her food while I played with my cereal.

She looked up from her bowl when she realised I wasn't eating.

After a few seconds of watching me, she scoffed down the rest of her food and pushed her bowl away.

"Are you going to eat, my love?"

I raised my head from my bowl and made eye contact with her.

I immediately smiled at the sight of her.

I dropped my spoon in my my bowl and pushed it away from me.

I rested my chin on my fist and let my smile widen.

"Enzo, stop."

"Stop what?"

"Come on, we're going outside."