6- Out on the Town

Favorite color= (f/c)
Favorite fruit= (f/f)
____________________________________
1st Person

Obviously, this Encanto place was unheard of to the rest of the world, seeing as I couldn't find a n y t h i n g about it anywhere! It hadn't really sunk in yesterday when Alma said I was their first visitor, but now that I'm thinking about it, that's really fucking cool!

'Was this how Christopher Columbus felt when he came to the Americas for the first time?'

"Naww"

I wasn't about to compare myself to a colonizer like him. Heck, I wasn't about to compare myself to a colonizer period.
The most I was gonna do to this peaceful, self-sufficient town was take some pictures of it.
And I planned on starting right now.

Turning off the radio, I open one of the suitcases, looking for today's fit. I found a pair of high rise jeans first, and after some thought, decided to pair it with a white tank top and a loose button up shirt that I didn't actually button. It was a nice shade of (f/c) with cute little (f/f)s on it. But no outfit would be complete without a nice, comfortable pair of (f/c) crocs. (Set to sports mode of course.)

Satisfied with my look, I grab my camera and backpack and head out my tent. I close it with a lock, make sure my car's locked too, and then set out for town on foot.

It took a while, but when I finally got there I was famished. I remembered that I hadn't actually eaten anything since last night. Taking pictures was now goal number two, finding something to eat being one.

I wander around town with no real destination, and eventually walk into a bustling marketplace. I take a moment to get a picture of all the liveliness, then become one with the crowd. I make a beeline for one of the first food vendors I see, walking up to a nice lady selling almojábana.

After getting my food, I thank her and walk out of the market while eating.
I stroll up to a water fountain in what I'm going to assume is town square, because there were so many people walking through. I take a seat on the side of it and continue eating while people-watching.
Well, I w a s eating until a group of children started playing in front of me. It didn't take long for them to notice me, and suddenly I was being swarmed by them.

"That's the outsider!", someone pointed out.

"Where's your car?"

"Mirabel says she's nice."

"Is that a camera?"

"Can I hold it?"

I was quiet for a moment, trying to make sense of everything they'd said. I shake my head no and hold my camera up.

"Yes it is, and no. But I can take a picture of you.", I offer instead.

The kids looked at each other and excitedly nodded, before running off and individually striking poses.

"Take my picture!", someone yelled from one side.

"No, me first!", another kid called out.

It went on like that for a minute, before I had enough.

"Everyone just gather together and I'll take a group photo.", I huff in exasperation.

After a few more minutes of the little gremlins getting into position for a group photo, I finally snap a picture of them.

"Done.", I tell them and they scramble toward me again.

"Where was the flash?"

"When can we see it?"

I wait for them to settle down before holding the camera out to show them the picture on the screen. "This camera doesn't need to use a flash, and you can see it right now."