Truth

Y/n's Pov:

Flying straight up to Zeus's palace, with thunder and lightning swirling around it, was even worse than having to fly in the night. 

We circled over midtown Manhattan, making one complete orbit around Mount Olympus. I'd only been there once before, travelling by elevator up to the secret six hundredth floor of the Empire State Building. This time, if it was possible, Olympus amazed me even more. 

In the early morning darkness, torches and fires made the mountainside palaces glow twenty different colours, from blood-red to indigo. Apparently, no one ever slept on Olympus. The twisting streets were full of demigods, nature spirits, and minor godlings bustling about, riding chariots or sedan chairs carried by Cyclopes. Winter didn't seem to exist here. I caught the scent of the gardens in full bloom, jasmine and roses and even sweeter things I couldn't name. Music drifted up from many windows, the soft sounds of lyres and reed pipes.

Towering at the peak of the mountain was the greatest palace of all, the glowing Whitehall of the gods. 

Our pegasi set us down in the outer courtyard, in front of huge silver gates. Before I could even think to knock, the gates opened by themselves. 

Blackjack neighed.

"Yeah," Percy said. 

I didn't know why, but I had a sense of doom. I'd never seen all the gods together. I knew any one of them could blast me to dust, and a few of them would like to. 

Blackjack neighed at Percy.

Percy looked at the pegasus. 

Blackjack hung his head low neighing softly.

Blackjack and his friends flew off, leaving Thalia, Annabeth, Grayson, Percy, and me alone. For a minute we stood there regarding the palace, the way we'd stood together in front of WestoverHall, what seemed like a million years ago. 

And then, side by side, we walked into the throne room. 

~

Twelve enormous thrones made a U around a central hearth, just like the placement of the cabins at camp. The ceiling above glittered with constellations—even the newest one, Zoe, making her way across the heavens with her bow drawn. I choked back a sob.

All of the seats were occupied. Each god and goddess was about fifteen feet tall, and I'm telling you if you've ever had a dozen all-powerful super-huge beings turn their eyes on you at once... Well, suddenly, facing monsters seemed like a picnic. 

"Welcome, heroes," mother said. 

"Mooo!" 

That's when I noticed Bessie and Grover. 

A sphere of water was hovering in the centre of the room, next to the hearth fire. Bessie was swimming happily around, swishing his serpent tail and poking his head out the sides and bottom of the sphere. He seemed to be enjoying the novelty of swimming in a magic bubble. Grover was kneeling at Zeus's throne as if he'd just been giving a report, but when he saw us, he cried, "You made it!" 

He started to run towards Percy, then remembered he was turning his back on Zeus and looked for permission. 

"Go on," Zeus said. But he wasn't really paying attention to Grover. The lord of the sky was staring intently at Thalia. 

Grover trotted over. None of the gods spoke. Every clop of Grover's hooves echoed on the marble floor. Bessie splashed in his bubble of water. The hearth fire crackled. 

Grover gave me a bear hug. I chuckled. "It's good to see you too, G-Man."

Grover gave Annabeth, Grayson, and Thalia big hugs. Then he grasped Percy's arms. "Percy, Bessie and I made it! But you have to convince them! They can't do it!"