0.6

»»»

"Yam-yam!"
Taehyung nodded with a serious look. "Yes, yam-yam."
"Blrrrrr."
"Blrr?" He frowned as he held the baby up. Looking at her peerie. Sure, she was way too young to shape any comprehensive words, but he still wished he could understand her baby language. "Blrrrrrrrr," Ari repeated, sticking out her tongue while making a squeaking sound. Her eyes staring intensely at the rattle in her hand. Shaking it violently. "Blrrr! Blrr!" She was clearly enjoying the sound of the toy a tad too much. Not able stopping herself. And he almost regretted giving it to her.
He had only wanted to play with her a little on his free time. He hadn't expected her to ignore him like that.
His eyes scanned over the various objects she was using as toys, which were scattered next to him on the floor and grabbed something else for her. "Here, Ari. What about this instead?"
He wasdangling a bracelet in front of her eyes. Observing her expectedly only to get the cold shoulder from the baby. Her not being very impressed by the bracelet, preferring focusing on her colourful rattle with the ear-piercing sound.

Taehyung sighed and took a look at the bracelet in his hands. Not recalling having bought it for her. His eyes widened when remembering eventually. It was the one Cassandra had given her on the day of application. Without noticing, he began smiling to himself at the memory. Until a loud thud made him stiffen.
Ari had thrown the rattle on the ground. Now stuffing her fingers into her mouth. He got up and picked her up, knowing instantly what that meant. "Let's eat."
He carried her to her highchair and put the bib around her little neck. Grabbing a glass of baby food from the cabinet then. Ari seemingly getting impatient with his slow movements as she started kicking her feet. An angry look plastered over her chubby features and her hands reached out for the glass in his hand. She was ready to start whining when a spoonful of the paste was shoved into her mouth. Her face instantly softening. And Taehyung exhaled relieved.

Perhaps he was getting better after all, he thought proudly. Not noticing her small hand grabbing the glass and pulling it with force, unexpectedly. And like in slowmotion he watched it slip from his grip. The orangy paste spreading all over the chair's tabletop.
His eyes grew wide in shock while Ari was simply laughing amused at the mess she had created in front of her. Smearing her food even more with her hands.

Dragging a breath, he let himself drop on a chair behind him. Exhaustion overtaking him as he put the spoon down to run his fingers through his hair. Ruffling it a little.

Perhaps he had boasted too soon after all.

»»»

It was one of those days you didn't really know what to wear. When the sun managed shining through the cloudy blanket, it was comfortably warm. However, as soon as it got covered by one of the fluffy clouds, even for just a moment, a chillness picked up.
Taehyung didn't notice much of a difference though. Wearing a light knit-sweater as he walked down the corridor of the daycare with Ari in his arms. A fresh breeze hitting his cheeks when he pushed the glass door open with his arm. His hand immediately going up protectively to shield Ari's face from it. "Let's quickly get you inside," he mumbled to her when spotting a familiar mop of curls heading to the building's entrance. And he stopped in his tracks, watching the young woman walking towards him with a wide smile when their gazes met. Waving at him.

"Hey," Cassandra greeted them politely. Her eyes widening when seeing the blue-beaded bracelet of hers around Ari's wrist. Spun around it twice as her wrist was so small. "I see you still have it, Ari," she giggled and took the girl's hand in hers. Gently shaking it, as if she was formally greeting her.
Taehyung smiled, glancing at Ari for a moment. "Of course! Why wouldn't she?" he huffed jokingly, making Cassandra look up at him.
"No, no. I'm glad she still has it," she ensured him. Hiding her blushed cheeks with a soft smile. The fact he had kept her little gift from months ago touched her in a way. "Are you two heading home now?"
He nodded. "And you came to pick up Izzy?"
"Yep." She pursed her lips. For a moment an awkward silence built up as they were unsure of what to say.
"A-are you going to the park again?"
"Not sure," she shrugged. Noticing the expression in his face slightly dropping for a second, before flashing her a pretty smile again. "Oh, what a pity.."
"I mean, I'd actually prefer going to the lake."
He quietly hummed. Lips forming an unreadable straight line. As if he was struggling to say something. Making Cassandra bite back a smile. He looked cute when being shy. "I see," he said again and licked over his dry lips. "I don't wanna keep you any lo-"
"Do you guys maybe wanna come with us?" His eyes seemingly lit up, even though he tried to carry it off well. Eventually responding to her anticipating face with his signature charming smile. "Yeah, yes, sure. Why not."
"Great," she said, not even trying to hide her own excitement about spending some time with him again. Truth was, she wasn't much in contact to other parents. Let alone single parents like her. So it was nice having another fellow single parent to exchange some stories and struggles with. Besides, he was cute and friendly - and handsome, too. And meeting someone like that who didn't mind her having a child - because he himself had one- was even rarer. "Just let me get Izzy real quick."

Taehyung observed her hurrying inside before glancing at Ari who was biting on the blue-beaded bracelet. Lowering her hand, he got one of her teething rings out of the small ladybug backpack around his shoulders. Sliding it into her hands, she started biting on the plastic star instead. His eyes wandered around then, seeing his car which wasn't too far away and decided to get in while waiting for Cassandra and Isavella. It would make sense to get to the lake with it anyway.
After putting Ari in her baby seat, he slid into the driver's seat. Seeing Cassandra having returned at the entrance.

Her head going left and right, seemingly puzzled about not meeting him at his previous spot where she had left him. He chuckled under his breath and got his sunglasses out of the glovebox before starting the engine. Stopping right in front of her then, he lowered the passenger's window. "Looking for someone?" he cocked his head, glancing over the glasses to her. Immitating one of those cliché sly guys in films with his arched brow.
"No, not really. A guy just ditched me," she faked disappointment, playing along with his random skit.
"Sounds like an idiot to me."
Her curls swaying in the breeze as she tucked one behind her ears. "Seems so. Although he didn't seem like one."
He licked over his lips, shrugging nonchalantly. "Well, if he ditched you he must be one. Don't you think?"
Cassandra pretended contemplating his words. Nodding vigorously then. "I must agree. He is a total idiot. How dare he ditch me like that!"
They both exchanged a look before breaking into a fit of giggles. She opened the back door then. Placing her daughter's babyshell and securing it with the seatbelt before sliding onto the passenger's seat in the front.
"You really thought I ditched you, didn't you?" he asked amused, thinking about her confused expression a few minutes ago. Causing her to nervously laugh out as he drove off. "A little? You had disappeared after all."
"I said I'd come though," he pouted and pushed his sunglasses back up on the bridge of his nose. Trying remembering the way to the lake. "I wouldn't lie."

She shrugged, shifting in her seat as she fumbled with her fingers. "Thought you changed your mind.. You might've had something better to do after all.."
Taehyung glanced at her for a brief momet when stopping at a red light.
"I wouldn't ditch you, Cassandra. Don't worry."
"I couldn't be sure," she admitted sheepishly, "We don't know each other that well yet."
He arched a brow at her. "Well, now you know though," he chuckled. "I'm not that kind of guy."
The sound of his words causing her to smile to herself. "Yeah, guess now I know."

»»»