0.7

»»»

"She's toothing, right?"
Taehyung hummed, adverting his eyes from the little girl in front of him. "Uh yeah, is it obvious?" He arched a brow.
Cassandra giggled lightly as she wiggled a stuffed bear in front of her daughter. The baby clapping happily with her little hands at the sight of her favourite plushie. "A little. She's biting on that like her life depended on it," she said, pointing at the toothing ring between Ari's lips. "Ah true," he laughed out tugging a bit at the plastic star causing Ari to frown. Quickly letting go again, not wanting to provoke her in any way.
"So.. any plans for the weekend?" Cassandra asked then, after a moment of hesitation. Peeking at him, she saw Taehyung nod. Giving Ari her bottle as the girl's hands were already reaching for it. Her thirst growing bigger and the liquid soon soothed her. "Actually, yeah."

Cassandra nodded understanding. She was determined to get to know him better. To see if her gut feeling was right about him after all or good-for-nothing like in so many other cases. Hence her poor attempt to try meeting without their children for once. So her heart sank a little when hearing his reply. "Oh, that's nice." She tried her best not to sound disappointed. "With your friends again?"
"Yeah.. We all have different lives, so it's nice when we can hang out together."
She remembered him having mentioned something like that before. And even though that prevented her plan, she was still happy. Understanding that it must mean a lot to him. "It's great you still manage meeting your friends," she faintly smiled, "Wished I could do that, too."
Taehyung arched a brow at her, laughing under his breath. "You sound like you wouldn't have any friends of your own."
Scoffing playfully, she folded her arms in front of her chest. "Of course I do have friends. Just not that many.." Her voice trailed off as she straightened Isavella's t-shirt. "And they're always busy with their own stuff. So I usually just leave Izzy at my mum and do something on my own. Like this weekend again, as it seems.."
He hummed and wiped Ari's mouth as she had finished drinking. "And what are you planning to do alone?" He was genuinely curious to hear her plans. But perhaps also pitied her a little.

Cassandra shrugged. "Nothing special. Just going to the cinema. There's one close by that sometimes shows old films. And they're showing one of my favourite ones this sunday.. Sure I could stream it online, but I want to get out a little so.." She sat Isavella back into her stroller and leaned back on the bench. They had a great view of the lake from there, she noticed. A big weeping willow blocking the afternoon sun for them. ITs long branches swaying gentlyon the water's surface.
"I prefer cinema over streaming," he said then, "It's more fun on the big screen."
"Agreed," she smiled.
"And what film is it?"
"An old one, doubt you'd know it."
He huffed, before a lopsided smirk spread over his full lips. "Try me," he said smugly. Causing her to laugh out. "Okay? It's called 'Roman Holiday'. Ever heard of it?"
He shook his head. Of course she hadn't expected him to do so and yet she was a little disenchanted. "It's okay. It's pretty old after all. I mean black-and-white old."
"I actually adore old films. Especially black and white ones," he informed her with pride. Seeing her eyes widening. "You do?" she gasped, not believing someone like him shared one of her interests. It sounded too good to be true. "Me too!"
The obvious excitement on her beaming face made him chuckle. "I don't think I've ever watched this one, though," he smiled then. "Is it good?"
"It's one of my favourite ones so.. I'd say so," she grinned.
"So the screening is on sunday?" he asked to which she nodded. "And what time?"
Cassandra blinked for a moment. Not daring to raise her hopes, even if the implication of his question was more than reason enough. "A-at 6pm."
He hummed, making a thinking expression. "Alright."
Her heart beat faster. "Alright what?"
"Alright I'm coming with you," he grinned. "Sounds interesting."
She had to bite back a smile. Quickly calming herself down as she didn't want to seem needy or foolish. "Really? I mean you don't have to feel sorry for me, you know. If you're busy or-" He shook his head though, interrupting her. "I'm not. I'm meeting my friends on saturday. I'm free on sunday evening. Besides, I do like old films. And I'm curious since this one's your favourite."
"Oh then, that's great!"
"Except if you don't want me to come.." His eyes wandered around in a shy manner before flashing her a boyish grin.
"Well, you know.." she said then, tapping her chin, "I was already mentally prepared to go alone.. I don't know how to feel about someone joining in suddenly. It's confounding my whole plan of being a loner."
His brows rose as he shrugged. "Oh well, then I'm obviously not coming. Don't wanna disturb your plans in any way."
"I could make an exception for you, I guess," she dramatically sighed then, "But only this one time."
"Really?" he faked surprise. "I feel honoured you allow me to accompany you."
"Yeah, see. I'm such a nice person."
Their eyes met and they remained silent for a second before cracking up. Their little improvisations being quite funny to both of them.