1.0

»»»

Cas (6:58pm): hey :) are you home?

Tae (7:00pm): yes why?

Cas (7:01pm): i want to bring you smth

Cas (7:01pm): can I come over?

Taehyung's eyes widened. Curiosity filling his mind. He hadn't seen her in a week after all and had barely exchanged some texts. Both being too caught up with other things and somehow always missing other at daycare those past days.

Tae (7:03pm): sure :-)

Ari was sitting in her playpen, playing with her animal toy bricks. His  eyes wandering around the rest of the apartment then. It wasn't too messy, but there were still some of Ari's toys scattered around the carpet and the tests he was correcting piling on the coffee table.
Quickly, he picked up everything from the floor and put it into the pink toy box, before grabbing the pile of papers and shoving them into his desk drawer. He still had tomorrow to finish them.

It didn't take too long until the doorbell's ringing startled him.

"Hey," he casually greeted when opening the door. Realising he had missed seeing her smile.
"Hey," she shyly greeted back, "Just wanted to bring you this." Her gaze fell onto the object in her hands. Taehyung arching a brow when noticing the food container she was holding. Breaking into a smile. He stepped aside then. "Come in," he motioned with his chin and walked into the living room.
Cassandra blinked, perplexed. Her plan had only consisted of dropping the pie here and disappearing again. Assuming it was too late and he was busy. She hadn't expected him to actually invite her in. So it took a moment before her brain registered and told her to move. She closed the door behind her and followed him inside. "Oh, it's nice here," she spoke out loud while allowing her eyes to travel around the living room.
His eyesbrows lifted. "You sound so surprised?" he noted with a deep chuckle.
"I kinda am," she admitted while spotting the shelf with vinyls and art posters on the wall. "I expected it more chaotic." She saw Ari then, greeting the baby by lightly pinching her chubby cheek.
"What did you bring there?" Taehyung asked from his seat on the couch. Watching her leaving the baby and taking a seat next to him. "Me and my mum baked my favourite pie.. but it turned out way too much? So.." She could feel her cheeks flushing, uncertain of what to say. A playful groaned passing her lips and she stretched her hand out towards him. "Just take it, ok?"

His brows furrowed and he took the plastic container from her hands with a laugh. A sweet scent of apple and cinnamon filling his nose when opening it. "Oh." His eyes went round. "Smells nice."
"You sound so surprised," she giggled. Using his words from before, causing him to stifle a chuckle. "I just didn't know you could bake."
She shrugged. "It's not hard if you follow the recipe. And mum helped."
"I follow the recipe and it still doesn't always turn out well," he mumbled disappointed. He looked cute when pouting, she thought and made a mental note. Seeing a sly smirk spreading over his features then. "And what makes me deserve this pie?"
"As I said, I had way too much. I couldn't possibly eat it all," she laughed, "Been giving it around everyone I know. And.." She paused for a moment. "And since you helped me out the other time with the hospital, I thought it'd be the least I could do."
"It was nothing, really," he quietly said, looking down at the pie. "I couldn't leave you there alone."
"I mean, you could have.." He surely could've easily done that. It was sunday night after all and he had to go to work in the morning. And they weren't that close back then either.
He contemplated her words, eventually nodding. "I could've.. but I'd have felt terrible if I did." He frowned then, remembering something else. "How did you know where I live though? I forgot to tell you my address."
Tilting her head, she smirked. "I know it from your application. Duh."
His brows rose and an amused laugh left his full lips. "You sound like a real stalker now."
She wiggled her brows. "Maybe I am one after all." And they laughed. "Well, I don't wanna bother you any longer," she said then and made move to stand up, when Taeyhung gave her a smile, shaking his head. "You're not bothering me. In fact, I could need a little company. I haven't properly talked to any adult this whole week. My brain's about to collape."
"To collapse?" she repeated, amused about his use of words and sat back down. "Hard week at work?"