1.3

»»»

Taehyung was leaning against the wall, his eyes growing heavy. The tiredness of the whole week overtaking his body for a moment as he waited next to the daycare entrance. Not noticing Cassandra nearing him with Ari in her Arms. A mischievous smirk spreading over her features as she tiptoed her way to him.
He yawned, slowly blinking his eyes open. Startled of the sudden sight of Ari's face right in front of his. And he almost jumped away. The back of his head hitting against the wall.

"Oh crap, I'm so sorry!" Cassandra exclaimed, while suppressing a laugh, "A-are you hurt?"
He flinched slightly, rubbing the spot with his hand. "I-it's okay, don't worry."
She gave him a sceptical look, lowering Ari who had been giggling at the scene. "Are you sure?"
He waved her off though. Forcing a smile. "I'm fine, I'm fine." Truth was, it had hurt more than he wanted to admit. However, he didn't want to make her feel bad.
Cassandra hummed, still not convinced. She placed Ari in his arms then, watching him yawn for a second time. "You look tired," she frowned.
"I am," he sleepily smiled, "A colleague is on sick leave this week, so I took over his classes. As a substitute. And it's so warm at night that I can't properly sleep either."
She nodded, knowing what he meant. The current heatwave was pure torture.
"Poor you. You should take a nap or something." Taehyung shook his head though,  a dry laugh coming from his lips. "Only if Ari takes a nap as well. But she can't and I'm too afraid to turn on the a/c. She might get sick." He dragged out a long sigh. He didn't want to complain so much and usually wasn't the type to either. However, this frustration had built up inside him all week long and he needed to vent. And he felt comfortable enough to do so to Cassandra. "She has been quite.. jittery without her afternoon nap to be honest." Frankly, he had been worried about this a lot. A child in Ari's age still needed a lot of sleep and her not being able to get it because of the high temperature frustrated both, him and her.
"Yeah, babies need their sleep," Cassandra agreed, "Fortunately, I'm not going through that. But you know, I can take Ari for a couple of hours. My apartment is pretty cool inside, so the heat doesn't affect us so much."
Taehyung's eyes immediately lit up at her offer. "Would you actually do that?"
She shrugged. "Sure, why not? You obviously need it."
"Will you be okay with two kids though?"
"At least I hope so," she laughed and he couldn't help but smile at her. She was truly a kind person, always ready to help others. Or at least him. And he appreciated it.

"Oh by the way," she said then, seemingly excited, "Did you hear about the big music festival this weekend? I'm going with a friend! And, uh, her friends.." She paused, laughing awkwardly. "I am actually not so keen about her friends. I always feel like an outsider with them. But what can I do? Better than going alone. And we bought the tickets all together."
He remembered her mentioning a friend ditching her before. Wondering if it was the same one. He pursed his lips then, offering her a comforting smile. "Actually, me, Hobi and maybe Jungkook are planning to go as well. We like some of the artists."
"Maybe I'll see you around there then."
"You can come with us," he blurted out then, "I-if you want to. Since you said you feel like an outsider with those other friends."
She contemplated for a moment. His friends had seemed quite nice and fun, but they had only met once two weeks ago. They might not be too keen to hang out with her again. And she might end up feeling like an even bigger outsider with them. "I don't know.. would that be cool with the guys? Maybe you wanted it to be an all-guys-thing."
"I don't think they'd mind. I can obviously ask them just in case."
"Do it and let me know," she smiled, laughing under her breath, "Is it weird that I'm more comfortable with your than my friend's friends?"
He frowned. A genuinely puzzled expression on his face. "No, I don't think so. My friends are great to hang out with after all." The serious tone of his voice made her giggle. "Which are the acts you're going for?" he asked then, seeing her grin smugly. Crossing her arms in front of her chest. "The headliner, of course. Been waiting to see them live for years."
His eyes widened, humming. "I've actually never listened to any of their songs. Are they good?"