They Don't Know

Robin sighed heavily and dropped herself into a chair. She let her head tip back and she closed her eyes. Nancy raised an eyebrow at her.

"What's wrong?" Nancy walked over and stood in front of her.

"Working with Steve is a nightmare!" Robin groaned, she lifted her head to look at Nancy.

"And why is that?" Nancy huffed out a breathy laugh.

"He's all like, "Jonathan this, Jonathan that!" It's so annoying, but then he's so lovesick it's cute?" Robin had a confused look in her eyes, she closed them again and sighed, "He's so in love that it physically pains me to hear about it. I've also heard from Dustin that he talks about him nonstop!"

Nancy giggled, "Well... then he'll be glad to hear about what Jonathan thinks of him." Robin's eyes snapped open.

"Wait, what? He likes Steve? So then Steve's love life isn't hopeless like I've been telling him?" A wide grin slowly made its way onto Robin's face.

"You've been discouraging Steve?" Nancy furrowed her eyebrows together and tilted her head. Robin's cheeks heated up a bit.

"Well, in a place like Hawkins, queer people aren't really that common." Nancy gave her a questioning look. "But then I guess there's me... and probably Will." Robin mumbled the last part.

"And who?"

"Nobody!"

~~

"Guys! Guys! Come in!" Dustin impatiently shouted into his walkie-talkie.

"What's wrong Dustin? Did something happen?" Lucas was first to respond.

"What happened?" Mike and Will both said at the same time.

"Ste- wait," Dustin cut himself off, "are Mike and Will together?" Silence came through the line.

"Uh... no?" Will broke the awkward tension with an unsure answer.

"Whatever, we'll deal with that later. What happened Dustin?" Lucas brought their attention back.

"Oh right! I was with Steve, and he would not shut up about Will's brother!" Dustin sounded exasperated.

"What do you mean he wouldn't shut up about him? Was he saying bad things?" Will immediately responded at the mention of his brother.

"No! He was all like, "He's so perfect! He's so funny! He's so handsome!" And that's only a slight exaggeration of the conversation." Nobody responded for a few seconds.

"I'll just tell you guys this now, Jonathan also likes him, but he doesn't talk about him nonstop. He just pays more attention when he's there or when his name is mentioned." Will broke the silence again.

"So in other words, they're oblivious idiots and we need to get them together?" Lucas clarified.

"Yeah, basically." Dustin confirmed.

"Do you want me to get my sister in on this? She talks to Steve and Jonathan a lot, so she could probably set them up somehow." Mike offered, there was some shuffling from his line.

"Yeah! Then we could get Max, El, and Robin in on it too!"

~~

It's been two days since the original Party made their plan. Today is the day that it will start to take action.

Everyone except Steve and Jonathan were gathered in the Wheeler's basement; they were going over their multiple plans.

"Okay, so, plan A is Dustin asks Steve to take him to Will's house, and then you two," Nancy gestured to Dustin and Will, " will ask if you can go on a drive or to a park or something, and convince Jonathan to come." The two boys nodded and glanced at each other.