APBAON Q&A!

Hello! Welcome to the Q&A. Before we get started I wanted to mention a couple of things.

First of all, there were lots and lots of duplicate questions. Secondly, the website I used for the survey is a bit glitchy on my end, so I couldn't see a few of the responses. I'm so sorry if your question didn't get answered because of it! Lastly, I do want to say right now that I did see all the wonderful notes that you guys left praising my work. I'm really happy that you guys enjoy it!

Anyway, onto the Q&A!

* * *

Questions for the Author!

Q: When did you start to get into writing? Is there any tips you wish you'd received as a beginner?

A: I've been a huge fan of writing stories pretty much ever since I could, but I published my first book here on Wattpad during the summer of 2020.

As a beginner, I really wish someone had told me that it's easier (for me, at least) to plan out what I want to write first before trying to let every little piece fall together on its own. It doesn't always happen like that, and when it doesn't, I start to hate what I write and it's the worst feeling.

Now, this in no way applies to everybody. Everyone has their own way of doing things, and that's perfectly okay! Personally, planning out books takes a long time for me. It's very much a process, and it's not for everyone, but it's something I wish someone had told me to start doing sooner.

Q: Did you expect APBAON to get as much attention as it's getting right now?

A: Absolutely not. It has genuinely blown my mind how much it's gotten across the place, both here and on Ao3. I was surprised back in March when I broke 200 reads, and I'm still surprised now that I've broken 18k. It's absolutely insane, and I'm so happy that there are so many people enjoying my work.

Q: Will Scotts past ever be revealed?

A: Yes! I've finished planning out Scott's POV of APBAON, which will be posted as the second book of the series! :D

Q: Why is Joey Scott's cousin?

A: To put it simply, I'm not really sure. I sort of replaced Xornoth with Lauren in this AU [not really sure if it's mentioned before that Lauren is Scott's sister], and I thought that the dynamic between Scott and Joey would be interesting if they were cousins. Sort of like how Pearl is Scott's second cousin.

Q: How are you doing? And how did you come up with the inspiration for this fic (eg drama club)?

A: I'm doing decently well! I've definitely seen better days as I'm writing this, but I'm managing to hang on quite well. :D /pos

And I'm not 100%, but I believe it was when I lived back in the States and I watched the Romeo + Juliet movie with my English class [the one with Leonardo DiCaprio, love that guy]. I remember writing out a scene for later in the book in my notes app and then scrapping it once I started actually writing and planning the whole thing.

Fun Fact: Initially, I had an entirely different plot for this story. There are only a few things I kept as major plot points, like Zach's and Scott's big fight when Zach exposed Scott to Jimmy and when Grian got kicked out by his mum - and both of those were even supposed to happen entirely differently!