TWENTY NINE: I'M GLAD YOU'RE HERE

The time had come. It was time for the group to disperse, to go their separate ways and to hope to whatever deities were looking down on them that their plan would work.

The Creel house was the first stop, to let Max, Eve, Lucas and Erica out and start the plan. It was scary, all of them heading towards an evil they knew deep down was stronger than all of them combined.

The air was tense as the trailer stopped, the view of the Creel house putting everyone on edge as Eddie opened the door, letting out Lucas, then Erica, and then Max.

"Eve."

Eve turned around, one foot out the trailer as she heard her brother call her. His face was stern, yet showed his worry.

"Be careful, okay?" He says to her, walking closer, the big brother hat going on once again, "if anything, and I mean anything starts to go south, Kate Bush goes on and you guys get out."

Eve nods her head, before bringing her brother in for a much needed hug, holding him with all of the power she had.

"Stay safe, Steve," Eve says to him quietly, "look after Nancy and Robin like I know you will, stay aware."

Steve nods back, kissing the top of his head as Eve moved out of the trailer, looking back at him one more time.

"Hey, Steve?" She asks him.

"Yeah?" He responds, seeing the small smile on her face.

"Borrow a pair of Eddie's shoes while your at it, your feet fucking reak," she said to him, making his face turn sour.

"You know, I was expecting a 'love you' or something cute, you ruined it," he shakes his head at her.

"Those feet ruined it," Eve responded with a smile, "put those bad boys away please! Have some dignity."

"You suck, you know that?" He said to her, making her laugh as she jumped out, turning to him one more time.

"See you later," he says to her then, making her nod her head.

"Bye, foot muncher," she responds simply, before turning to walk up to the Creel house, Max, Lucas and Erica all at the entrance.

They heard the trailer shoot off into the distance, silence falling over the group as everything started to really set in.

"Okay, so," Eve took a deep breath, "remember what Nancy said. We stick to the plan. We do not deviate from it in any way. We stay silent inside, we communicate by writing things down."

"Is everyone ready?" Lucas asked them all then, making them all nod their heads hesitantly, as he reached through the previously shattered window and unlocked the door, letting the group inside.

-

It had been an hour of the group aimlessly walking around the house in complete silence.

They all had their own blue lanterns, walking around as quietly as possible - so quiet, they'd taken their shoes off to avoid the noise of shoes on wooden floor - every precaution was in place.

The house was creepy, incredibly creepy, and seemed to be even worse at night.

It didn't help that her friends kept accidentally sneaking up on her, making her jump every time.