27.

It was February 1st and Meech was speeding down the road in a Black Ram 1500 as he reached the Mexican boarder. Rico had moved to Mexico and a couple of his men tried to take Meech's head. Meech didn't enjoy getting his hands dirty or giving his gun a body but he had to do what needed to be done in order to survive. The best way for Meech to handle this situation was to take out Rico.

"Aye Meech, I ain't liking this crossing the boarder bullshit. My stomach hurtin'." June looked over at him in the passenger seat.

"Walk yo ass back then." Meech said as he stopped the car due to heavy traffic from others trying to cross the boarder.

"Hell nah." June mugged him, "What Mai say about this shit?"

"I told her I'm busy." He shrugged, "It ain't Mai's business."

June nodded his head in agreement, "You seen that shit about Dee?"

"What shit about Dee?" Meech scrunched up his face, looking over at June. He chuckled before pulling out his phone and scrolling to a live video of Deedra shaking her ass. Chop sent June the video since he was too scared to send it to Meech. Chop was well aware that Meech was a business-man and the last thing he wanted to see was Deedra on the Internet shaking her ass for money. June played the video for Meech causing him to scrunch his face up.

"Ain't no way that's Dee." Meech moved the phone out of his sight and stepped on the gas since the line was moving.

"Man..." June shook his head as he put his phone back in his pocket, "I know you feeling tight about this shit."

"Ima say sum' to her as soon as we get back." Meech nodded his head. He didn't want to spend too much thought on it because he needed to focus on Rico.

About thirty minutes passed and the two were finally across the Mexican boarder. Meech continued to drive and pulled up to an old warehouse where Chop said Rico was staying at.

"All this money this nigga got and he choose to live in the slums of Mexico." June shook his head before reclining his seat back, "I know you ain't bouta walk in there."

"Fuck no nigga." Meech scrunched his face up, "We about to wait and see if that nigga comes out." The two sat back for about two hours in the car continuously watching out the window. June was getting bored and kept dozing off but knew he needed to stay awake just incase something popped off. The time was now eleven and Rico hadn't came out the warehouse yet.

"Fuck this nigga do? Just sit in the crib all day?" June rubbed his hands down his face. Meech let out a puff of air. As the time ticket to 11:10, Rico was walking outside with two guys behind him. The three were approaching a large U-haul truck.

"Shit..." Meech watched as the truck unloaded many cases of Cocaine, "We gon' hop out and go around the side, before he walk in that bitch he needa be dead."

"Ite." June nodded as the put on their black ski mask and got out the truck making their way to the side of the building without being seen. As the two watched the transaction, they waited for Rico to head inside of the warehouse. As Rico was entering the code to the garage, Meech untucked his gun from his waistband and let off two shots. One hit Rico in his chest and the other hit him in his arm causing him to collapse onto the ground. The U-haul truck quickly sped off as the two guys walking with Rico untucked their guns and banged on the garage door.

June and Meech headed back to the truck as June let off four shots. Two of which hit Rico's men in their legs. One of the guys shot back before they fell hitting Meech in his left shoulder.

Meech hopped into the passenger seat of the truck as June hopped into the driver's seat and sped off. The men let off multiple shots at the truck as the two ducked as much as they could. Once they were out of the area, they both let out a breath of air they didn't know they were holding.

"You good, bruh?" June asked as he sped off reaching the boarder and going through with ease since it wasn't much traffic.

"This shit burn like a motherfucker." Meech held onto his wound before grabbing a bandana out the backseat and tying it around it, "Stop in Missouri so I can get this shit fixed."

"That's a good two hours, slim..." June glanced over at him as he ran a red light.

"Stop drivin' this muhfucka like you stole sum'. Ion need no bitch ass officers pulling us over." Meech mugged.

About an hour and a half passed and June arrived at a hospital in St. Louis, Missouri. The two headed in and told the lady at the front desk the issue. Meech was rushed back into the emergency room and checked over.

~

"Meech hasn't hit my phone all day. I texted him multiple times, he ain't respond." Mai paced back and forth in her living room. It was around two in the morning and she had awaken Lakinna out her sleep to vent, "This is exactly why I don't do relationships, Kinna. He probably with Deedra right now!"

"You don't know that." Lakinna rubbed her eyes sleepily, "He prolly with June or sum."

"With June my ass." Mai stopped in place and mugged her, "I'm trying not to jump to conclusions but I don't like this at all."

"It's Wednesday. Maybe he knows you got class and don't want to bother you." She yawned a bit.

"No, we going to hit house right now." Mai grabbed her keys before Lakinna jumped up to stop her.

"Mai, you're acting crazy... I know this is your first relationship but—"

"Then you would know why I'm acting crazy. Are you gonna come because I'll gladly go by myself." Mai looked over Lakinna who was still in her Ralph Lauren pajama bottoms and a black nike sports bra with a black bonnet on.

"Just get me a jacket." She nodded in defeat as Mai rushed to her room and came back out giving Lakinna a zip-up hoodie. The two headed out of the apartment after Mai locked it and downstairs to her BMW. They hopped in and Mai sped off in the direction of Meech's house.

"Busy my ass." Mai mumbled as she pulled up after fifteen minutes seeing his car in the driveway. She parked the car and shook Lakinna who had fallen asleep. The two hopped out the car and walked over to the door. Mai knocked on it waiting for a response. Since there was no response, Lakinna decided to bang on the door growing angry since he was the reason why she couldn't sleep.

"Call him." Lakinna instructed and Mai instantly took out her phone and called Meech. It went straight to voicemail, "See...now I'm thinking he with—"

"That bitch and he blocked me." Mai shook her head, "It's okay though. I'm sorry I had to wake you up out your sleep." She headed over to her car feeling emotionless. She wasn't going to cry over him because she expected this from Meech. It was the main reason why she didn't want to get in a relationship with him.

Lakinna headed back over to the car and hopped in the passenger seat as Mai hopped in the driver seat. She sped off heading back towards campus.

"You don't have to apologize. I'm your friend. This what we supposed to do for each other." Lakinna said after a moment of silence. Mai nodded as she continued to drive.