chapter twenty-four.

⋆ ★ ALREADY GONE ━━━CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR 

( THE BRIGHTSIDE IS NON-EXISTENT ) , staring at the sun.

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

JAMIE HAD RECENTLY BEEN TRYING TO HAVE A MORE POSITIVE LOOK ON HER LIFE. She figured it would help with her feelings- maybe she wouldn't feel sad all the time. And it sort of worked but after everything that happened with Aaron and Derek, she realized that she needed to prioritize herself in this whole mess.

Prioritizing herself made her a better, well-rounded person. She was able to focus more on her job as well and after a while, she was able to clear her head slightly, but nevertheless, it was progress.

One night, when Jamie's having a drink to herself, Derek approached her and she allowed it. She let the man that she had fallen in love with back into her life, and they started over because she felt as if she deserved it. Jamie felt as if she earned it.

"Jamie, I want to start over." He looked her directly in the eyes, with nothing but love and admiration. "I want to get to know you all over again so that I can love you right this time."

The female smiled in return before answering, "Good thing because I believe you will love me right." And then they kissed. It was almost as good as their first kiss, all those nights back at the bar when they were just a guy and a girl.

Derek had then spent the night after an exhausting day at work ready to lay down in bed and bring the woman he loved into his chest. Jamie had no problem with that. Falling asleep next to the person she had been longing for all this time felt surreal, but Jamie fell almost instantly asleep.

The next morning before both of their shifts, Jamie sat in the tub, Derek right behind her, kissing her neck as her heart fluttered with joy. The light above them was the only light that lit her bathroom up and it was romantic. The interns were out of the house and it was just the two of them- and it was so peaceful.

"What did I say?" She asked him as he partially groped her chest. Not that she didn't like it, but this was not how they were going to start out again- because sex leads to disaster, one way or another.

"Seriously?" He mumbled back, not moving his lips from her neck. "No sex?"

"Seriously." Jamie repeated. At the same time, she was trying to stop him, but she couldn't help but give in. Her body was giving in and betraying her and you could tell just by her body language. "We're taking it slow. Remember all that sappy stuff you said to me at the bar. Remember that and stop it."

Derek hummed into the crook of her neck. "Mhmm, I can take it slow. I can take it incredibly slow." He continued to tease the girl, a laugh emerging from his throat.

"We're taking it slower than that. We're starting fresh... we're going this right. I want this to be done right."

"And starting fresh means no sex because...?"