Chapter 13

It was dawn, the sun's light making the bright white snow sparkle in the growing glow of morning. The Northern Water Tribe was barely waking up to enjoy another day of peace throughout the North Pole. But as the guards standing on top of the wall protecting the Northern Tribe were walking across the wall, they spotted something in the water that was floating closer to them. 

It was their outer guard, the same ones that brought in the Avatar, Katara and Sokka some time ago. They opened the gates and allowed the boats to come in. As the water rose to allow the boats to enter the Water Tribe, many eyes noticed a stranger dressed in a black hood and cloak with chains on their wrists.

The people who saw the boats floating down the water towards the center of the Tribe were curious as to who this stranger truly was and why they were cloaked as they were. It didn't take long before they reached the home of the chief named Arnook.

"Chief Arnook!" One of the men shouted running into the main building to get the chief. Not a moment later, an older man wearing much nicer clothes than the man who came to get him, came out to see what the fuss was about. 

He looked down towards the bottom of the stairs where four men were surrounding the stranger cloaked in black.

"What is the meaning of this?" Chief Arnook asked as he descended the stairs to meet this stranger, but one of the men pulled him back by his shoulder.

"Please, Chief Arnook, you shouldn't get too close to her." He warned the chief, "She's of the Fire Nation."

Arnook's eyes widened at the mention of this stranger being part of the Fire Nation, turning his surprised gaze at the girl in black. Instead of heeding the words of his men, he stepped forward towards the cloaked girl.

"Why are you here?" He asked, but the girl stayed silent.

"What are you planning to do here?" Again, there was no answer.

"Answer me!" Arnook grabbed the girl by the collar of her cloak, "What is the Fire Nation doing here? What are you planning?"

"I am not loyal to the Fire Nation." She finally answered, her voice quiet and rough, as if it was dry and bare.

"Don't try to deceive us!" One of the men holding her shouted, "You're wearing Fire Nation garments underneath that cloak of yours. Tell us the truth! You're planning on breaking our tribe from the inside out, aren't you?!"

"I have no plans to break this nation." She replied, "I wouldn't bring any kind of danger nor trouble to my grandfather's tribe."

Everyone's eyes widened at her words.

"More lies!" The men shouted at her.

"I speak no lies. It is not in my blood to do so when it comes to the safety of my family's nations." She said.

"Father?" A girl's voice said from the stairs. Everyone looked up to see a beautiful young woman with pure white hair and dressed in warm purple clothes with a heavy coat. She looked down at the interaction with worried eyes as she slowly came down the stairs.

"Yue!" The chief shouted at the young woman, "Get back inside, you shouldn't be out here. She may try to hurt you."

"I will do nothing like that." The cloaked girl said, "I would never hurt someone like her."

Yue's eyes turned from worried to curious as she stared at the girl in black. Despite her father warning her to stay back, Yue continued walking closer to the cloaked girl. All of a sudden, Yue felt something jump in her chest. For a moment, it was as if her eyes were playing tricks on her, as she was able to see a vision of a bright shining light in front of her. Her entire world turned into the past, back when she first saw that strange warm light in the oasis all those years ago.