(2) Coasting

^^LOUPE: A magnifying tool used to closely examine items in great detail

Xavier watched carefully as a pretty girl who looked like royalty waltzed over to him. She put a whole lot of concentration into the walk as she balanced the silver platter on one hand. Two other girls that resembled her stood on either side of him fanning his body graciously with evergreen palm leaves. They were draped in shear silk garments that failed to leave room for imagination. Off to the far right sat another girl stroking the strings of a gold harp. Xavier motioned for the girl carrying the platter to reveal what was underneath its lid. Done as told, she lifted it and slowly, a clean cut diamond appeared twinkling beautifully under the light. Xavier was practically salivating in awe and it was nearly impossible to hide his appreciation.

As if out of thin air, his magnifying glass Loupe materialized. He stuck it on, slid on some gloves and reached for the precious jewel. It seemed so delicate and fragile and powerful and dazzling all at the same time. In the midst of Xavier's admiration fest, the pretty girl who was holding the diamond dropped her mouth open abruptly and a startling sound emerged from her throat. Not only was it startling, it was oddly familiar. It was a sound a girl shouldnt be making, not even a human.

Soon, every girl in the room was following her lead. The sound ricocheted off the walls causing him instant agony. He covered his ears in a desperate attempt to block out the sound as he was abruptly yanked from what was once a pleasant dream.

Without picking up his head, he grabbed the screaming phone and desperately tapped around until he pressed what he assumed was the stop button on the Alarm he'd set incase he overslept. He turned over slowly and took a deep breath. One by one each of his eyes popped open and for two full minutes he stared at the ceiling searching for the motivation to sit up. He turned his head to take a look at the digital clock that rested on the beige oak nightstand.

12:43? His vision was slightly blurred being that he'd just woken up. He rubbed his eyes and blinked a few times until his eyes focused better. 4:21?! PM? Xavier jumped up instantly and darted into his bathroom to brush his teeth and shower. He'd practically begged Richie to accompany him and Joog to a very important Seminar and networking event and did not want to be the reason everyone was late. This was something he talked about for weeks on end and missing the event - to him - would feel like missing a step in the initiation process.

Oversleeping was an understatement. He'd slept through half the day already but it was truly no one to blame but himself. Upon accepting the cordial invite to the seminar a few weeks back, he began staying up late multiple nights at a time preparing. Even if there was nothing to particularly 'be ready' for, he needed to know what he'd say and how'd he'd respond If an opportunity ever presented itself. That was something he lived by.

Xavier reached for his cellphone and watched as the screen lit up. "Oh shit!"

Rich: "Good morning, checking in. Hope you're starting your day!" 8:17 am.