Chapter 31

Arianna

I turned around to look at the person who got the principal and Mr. Scott all tensed and it was 

Vince!

He looked as usual, perfectly dressed in a black suit and had a stoic face and his eyes cold. More cold than usual.

He looked at Angelina, then at me. I couldn't look at him and averted my eyes to the floor.

"M-Mr. Marino, please come.", the principal walked towards Vince to welcome him.

The principal who looked all composed and stoic is stuttering? What's going on?

"Good afternoon, Mr. Johnson.", Vince greeted the principal in his colder than usual voice.

"Good afternoon, sir. Please take a seat.", the principal said.

Vince walked towards the two chairs opposite to the principal's and sat down on one of them, not even sparing a single glance at Mr. Scott, who looked all tensed.

"Mr. Scott, please take a seat.", the principal said.

Mr. Scott nodded and sat down but still looked tensed.

"Mr. Marino, what would you like to have, a coffee or-", the principal was cut off by Vince.

"I'm not here for all that, Mr. Johnson. I suppose, I'm called here as someone complained on my sister.", Vince said calmly, but by the end of the statement, his voice turned so calm that it sent shivers down my spine. The principal and Mr. Scott visibly tensed.

I looked at Angelina and she looked unaffected. While Elena looked a little tensed too.

"I didn't complain on Angelina, Mr. Johnson.", Elena said to the principal.

"No, you didn't Ms. Scott. But you complained on Ms. Arianna Marino.", the principal said looking at her.

Elena and her father looked shocked at the principal's words. Mr. Scott was the first one to come out of his shock and he looked at me wide-eyed.

"She's a Marino?", Elena asked shocked and the principal nodded.

"May I know what's the complaint, Mr. Johnson?", Vince asked calmly. But it didn't feel like he was asking. It was more like an order.

"Ms. Marino has pushed Ms. Scott to the floor and splashed some juice and milk on her.", the principal stated looking at Vince.

Vince looked at me with a stoic face, but I could see a little surprise in his eyes. I immediately looked away. He stared at me for a long second and looked back at the principal.

"I want to speak alone with my sister, Mr. Johnson.", Vince said.

"O-Of course, Mr. Marino.", the principal said and stood up. So did Mr. Scott. 

Wait. 

Where are they going?

Shouldn't we be the ones going to another room to speak in private?

Everyone left, except me, Angelina and Vince. I started getting tensed. I don't want Angelina to leave us alone. I can't face Vince alone. Not when I broke one of his rules.

Angelina squeezed my hand, gave me a small reassuring smile and walked out of the room. I stayed rooted to my place. I couldn't move an inch due to all the tension in my body.

"Was it your mistake, Arianna?", Vince asked calmly. His voice way better than the one he used with the principal.

Words were struck in my throat. I couldn't answer even when my mind was screaming at me to say no.