Part 47

Sana's P.O.V. 

Abhi and I reached early at the home the next morning to help with preparations for tonight. Everyone were having breakfast and Sidharth sat with Bani at our usual spot, making me feel a bit hurt. He was giggling and talking to her and didn't even realise that we had reached. This proved that everything he was saying last night was untrue. It was the alcohol speaking. I held onto Abhi's hand for spite and entered smiling saying, "Good morning." He finally looked at us and immediately, his eyes fell on our hands. "Happy birthday, young lady," I said hugging Roopaji. "Doesn't she look one year younger?" Virenji teased. I went and sat next to him, resting my arm on his shoulder and playing along, "Only one year? I think it's atleast five." "Roopaji is forever young and evergreen," he said. "Oh ho ho ho....Virenji! Wow!" I exclaimed, "See Abhi, love should be exactly like this." "Darling, who knows my style of love better than you?" He said. I smiled as I looked at Sidharth from the corner of my eyes. Although his back was facing us, I knew that he was listening and by now, he must be a bit jealous. "Where is Sharad?" I asked looking around. "He is running some errands for tonight," Roopaji said. "Can I have some breakfast then?" I asked. "It's at the table, go," she said. I got up and as I turned around, Abhi said, "Sana, one for me too." I nodded. I went to the table where Sidharth and Bani were eating with two plates. "Good morning," she said to me smiling. "Good morning," I said. "Hey doc," I said to Sidharth. The spoon from his hand literally slipped out and he looked at me silently. I knew that he loved it when I called him doc. His face got all red and his eyes stared at me without blinking. Bani smiled and caressed his cheek saying to me, "I hope you don't mind me saying this but, only I call Sidharth, doc. He doesn't like anyone else calling him this." Forcing to keep my smile, I guess my annoyance still peeped through as I looked at Sidharth nodding and said, "Is that so? Well, I apologise. I won't call him by your pet name." He frowned at me as I took the two plates of food and went back to Abhi.

"What's wrong?" He asked me after seeing my long face. "I am mad," I said gritting my teeth. "That you are," he said eating. I shot a glare at him and he looked away like an innocent puppy. I looked back at them and saw them getting up. Quickly, I took a napkin and began cleaning Abhi's face. I looked over my shoulder and saw him looking directly at us. I smiled. Abhi shook his head saying, "Do you really think this will work?" "It worked last night when we were dancing, right?" I said. "Being friends with you is becoming costly for me. I almost got beaten up last night," he said. "You know that you would have taken it for me," I said hugging him. "No," he said. "Of course you would have," I said rocking him side to side. We giggled away. "Come," Sidharth said holding Bani's hand and bringing her to the middle of the courtyard. "Everyone, may I have your attention please?" He said, "I know that today is a special day for Maasi but I am afraid, I might take away the attention now." Turning to Bani, he pulled out a ring from his pocket and did the unbelievable. He kneeled down in front of her and held the ring to her. My eyes got teary at once as my heart raced. "Will you marry me?" He asked her. Abhi held my hand as I trembled. "Yes," she said smiling happily. I looked at him as he made her wear the ring and stood up. Hugging her, he whispered something in her ear and I began to feel sick. I was about to get up and leave but Abhi held onto my hand. He looked at me and shook his head. "Don't show him that he is getting to you. You have to show him that you are strong," he said. "I'm not," I said. He wiped away my tears saying, "You are." Mrs. Singh suddenly entered the yard, clapping. "Wow! You are engaged. Seems like someone just had their plan failed," she said looking at me, "What happened city girl? Aren't you happy for your friend? You don't seem happy. Serves you right. I mean, I'm very happy for you Sidharth." 

She embraced him and went to Roopaji. "Happy Birthday. I know that you might be angry at me for whatever reason but I still found it right to come and wish you," she said. I silently looked at Sidharth. The one who used to defend me every time was standing and listening to all what she was saying to me without uttering a single word. In fact, he stood with an indifferent face. I knew now what pain felt like. The pain of losing the person you love the most. I gritted my teeth and wiped away my tears. Standing up, I said to him, "Congratulations. I hope that you have found true love." I left and went to the table where Abhi came to me and fed me breakfast. After breakfast, we got to work in decorating the courtyard for the party. I tried my level best to stay away from Sidharth and Bani and only stayed close to Abhi. I didn't want to be more hurt than I already am. I couldn't spoil tonight for Roopaji. "Sana, can you go right over the street to get some more tape?" Daljeetji asked me. I nodded and went to the small shop across the street. There, I bounced into Neha and Mrs Singh once more. They both frowned at me as I held a straight face. If they only open their mouths to say something, I swear, I'll answer back as old Sana. "How are you?" Neha asked surprisingly whilst her mother glared at me. I was taken aback. "I'm fine. And you?" I said. "We are good. Are you here for Roopaji's party?" She asked. I nodded. "We read about you in the newspaper," she said. I was confused. "What?" I asked. "Yes, the article that was published a week ago with your successful business venture," she said. I didn't know that I was published in the newspaper. "Well, this is news for me as well," I said. "Sana," Abhi said coming behind me, "They are asking for the tape." "Oh yes! I have it here," I said and handed it to him. He smiled at them and said, "Hello." They smiled back and he ran back. "That is..." Mrs. Singh said. "Abhishek, Abhi," I said.