Part 48

Sidharth's P.O.V. 

Bani came and interrupted just when I was about to say I love you to Sana. She over reacted and ran out of the house, ignoring my call to stop her. I know that she must be cursing herself thinking that she shouldn't have kissed me. "Did I come in the wrong time?" Bani asked coming in. "Ya think!" I said sighing. "Don't worry. She's just in the party. I think you should talk to her tonight before its too late. Put an end to the act now. You know that she loves you," she said. Nodding, I agreed. "I'll hurry up and get ready," I said. Quickly, I rushed to my room and took a shower and changed. I went across to the home and looked around. Sana was sitting in a corner alone with the biggest sad face and I decided to go and talk to her immediately. As I was going, Abhishek went to her. I stopped. Sharad came to me and began asking me to help with some other things so I had to put off my confession. While helping some of the caterers in unloading food from their van, I kept thinking about how badly Sana will react when she hears about my plan. She will be very hurt at me hurting her like this. But I had to tell her otherwise it might draw more distance between us. Once before, not coming clean has separated us but now, I will make sure that she understand why I orchestrated this entire thing. If she wants to work with long distance, we can even make that work. I finished the job and looked at where Sana and Abhi were before but they were now gone. I looked around the party for her but she was nowhere. "Where could she be?" I asked myself. I looked up and got it. She must be on the terrace. It was her go to spot to be alone. I quickly ran up the stairs and saw her standing alone, looking at the night sky. I went up to her and as soon as she saw me, she turned around to leave. I held back her hand and she stopped. 

"I need to talk to you," I said, "Whatever happened a while ago between us..." "Was a mistake," she said, "We were in love and that was one moment of weakness. It won't happen again." I was hurting thinking about how much I changed her. Going in front her, I cupped her face as her head was bent down and raised it. "Sana, look at me," I said. She kept her eyes down and shook her head. "Look at me Sana," I said. She raised her eyes and looked into mine. "I love you. With all my heart and soul. You're the only girl I ever looked at. Bani and I have nothing going on. I lied," I said. "What...are you talking about?" She asked. "Bani and I were never a couple. We were never going to get engaged," I said. She looked at me without a word and I continued, "I knew that you were coming back for Maasi's birthday and I planned this with Bani to make you jealous so that you will realise what the fear of losing me is like. But you came with Abhishek and I couldn't help myself from getting jealous and insecure seeing the both of you together. I always knew that you are the only girl I want to be with and I understand the fear of losing you. I wanted you to feel it as well." Her eyes welled up. "What are we doing? We are playing with each other's feelings and taking love as a game. Maybe, we aren't mature enough to be in a relationship. Maybe, this time is not right for us," she said. "Are you angry?" I asked. Shaking her head, she stepped back saying, "I'm not. I'm surprised that we are acting like this. We both know that we love each other but maybe, we aren't as mature to be in a relationship. We are only playing games with each other." "Don't say that," I said. "I have decided that I am going to London with Abhi. Maybe, going away from all of this will help us think clearly what we actually want," she said. My heart was crushed. "You're going that far away from me?" I asked. "It's best for both of us," she said. 

She looked at me and then left. I took a good minute to comprehend what she just said and left. I was even more scared of losing her for a longer time now. As I caught a hold of my thoughts, I tried to run behind her but Sharad met me at the bottom of the stairs. "We are ready to cut the cake," he said. I followed him to the courtyard where Roopa Maasi stood by the decorated table with her cake lighting in front of her. Everyone clapped and sang happy birthday in sync while my eyes were simply stuck on Sana. As everyone finished singing, Maasi blew the candles out and everyone cheered. She asked Sana to cut the cake with her and Sana fed her the first piece. "Happy birthday Roopaji," she said. "Sidharth," Maasi called. I emerged from the back of the crowd and went to her. Smiling at me, she said, "My handsome boy." I fed her some cake and hugged her, frowning at Sana behind. Breaking the hug, I smiled once more and ate the piece of cake she fed to me. "Happy birthday Maasi," I said. "Our ritual dance is pending," she said. Smiling, I said, "Clear the floor for the young birthday girl everyone." She blushed and hit my shoulder. I escorted her to the dance floor and like every year, I slowly danced with her. This year, I was regretting not fully enjoying it but I couldn't help it. Sana was going away from me and I couldn't help it. Maasi stopped dancing and left me alone. Going to Sana, she brought her back forcibly and said, "You two are the best dressed tonight so, you too should dance together." "Roopaji..." Sana said about to object. "Do you want to make the guest of honour tonight sad?" She asked. Smiling, she said, "Absolutely not." "Come on," she said pulling us closer to each other, "I have someone else I have to dance with as well." Maasi went and brought Abhishek onto the dance floor and began dancing with him as Sana and I stood nervously. "Dance," she said. I took a step closer to her and held her hand. I could feel her tensing up as I intertwined our fingers and held her waist. She rested her hand on my shoulder and looked up into my eyes. The piano version of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai began playing and I frowned at Sana. We knew what the other was remembering and slowly danced together.

"Can't you reconsider your decision?" I asked. She frowned at me. "I am willing to make long distance work. I can't imagine myself away from you anymore Sana. If you want, I will come to Mumbai with you. We will meet every weekend. I will do anything to make 'us' work. Just, please don't leave me," I said. "You don't have to move to Mumbai or be in a long distance relationship with me. I know you don't want to. I will not force you to do anything against your own will," she said. "I am not doing this by force. I am in love with you. Let us make this work," I said. "I will think about it," she said. "Don't you love me?" I asked. "I love you. You know this. And as much as we admit that we love each other, we also know that our priorities are completely different. Let us leave everything to time and see," she said. She tiptoed and kissed my cheek before leaving me. I frowned and looked at her walking away from me. 

Sana's P.O.V. 

I left Sidharth on the dance floor and went to Roopaji's room. Sitting on the bed, I cried thinking about us. I can see how desperate he was to make this relationship work that he was willing to come to Mumbai, keep a long distance relationship. I agreed earlier with Abhi to go to London with him and maybe he was right. Being away from everything will let me clear my head on what I really want. I went to the bathroom and washed my face. After a depressing dinner, I went home with Abhi. Sidharth didn't speak another word to me for the night and neither did I. I understand why he did what he did with Bani but it just goes to show how much we need to give this relationship time. Laying on my bed, I looked up at the ceiling and played with my blanket. I remembered the small kiss we had and how he preserved my earring so that he can feel close to me. I closed my eyes and went to sleep. I don't know how awkward tomorrow will be with Sidharth at the home. As soon as my meeting is over on Monday, I will be heading back home the same evening. After that, I don't even know when I will see or meet Sidharth again. By the time I return, he might even get married and settle down. 

The next day, Abhi and I reached early enough for breakfast and then we started cleaning up the decorations and putting away everything from last night. Since it was Sunday, Sidharth had no appointments and was helping. As we finished, Abhi left and went back home since he was too tired. I sat and was massaging Roopaji's feet. I could sense that she wanted to tell me something. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Are you sure you are making the right decision by going to London?" She asked. "How did you know?" I asked continuing. "Sidharth told me," she said. "Honestly, I don't know what I should do or not," I said. She pulled her feet away and leaned closer to me. "Sana, I know that whatever decision you have taken until now was right. But, leaving everything behind won't change it. It sounds nice to say that time heals everything but some situations don't change with time. It stays the same and becomes a disease. You know that Sidharth won't fall in love after you. And you won't fall in love with anyone. Then, why not listen to him and give a chance to every option you have. If it doesn't work out still, then you can go," she said. I thought about her words. I looked at Sidharth sitting with Sharad away from us and frowned. As he looked at me, I got up and went to the terrace. After a few minutes, he came. "How did you know I wanted you to come?" I asked. "I know you that well enough to hear what your silence is telling me as well," he said. "Am I making a mistake?" I asked. "What do you think?" He asked. "I don't know. I'm being honest," I said. He sighed and dropped his shoulders. "I might have over reacted last night. If you think that going away for a while will help you then you should. I don't want to be the one holding you back," he said. My eyes welled up. "Thank you for understanding me," I said. "I love you. Of course I understand you. Love shouldn't be your weakness, it should only give you strength," he said. I smiled at him and couldn't control the urge inside me and hugged him. Eventually, he hugged me back. He kissed my hair and held onto me tightly. "Will you forget me?" He asked. "How does one forget themselves? You are locked in my heart. Even if God tries, he won't be able to remove you," I said. He parted from the hug with his arms still around me and kissed my forehead.

___________________

Hey guys! I can't say that I hope you enjoyed that update! Please vote, comment and share my story! Until next time! Bye!