16 # Heart's Home

Hello people.

Back with an update .
Ignore any errors or typos found

Happy reading 💞
_____

In the next few days, Sanskaar’s cold shoulder treatment left Swara miserable. 

He wouldn't talk to her properly, it was either in one or two syllables he answered when she tried. He avoided their time together and made no intention to hide, it was deliberate. They no longer shared teasing banters or ease they did earlier. 

His equation with Tara remained unchanged tho … the silver lining. 

“Can’t we be friends like before Sanskaar?” Swara tried one day at dinner.

“No, Swara!  We can’t.” He said firmly. “I made my feelings clear already. I don’t think I want to be friend-zoned. It will be unfair to my feelings when I clearly know I aspire to be more than a friend. It's ok! Swara. You don’t have to feel bad and I am sorry , If I hurt you anyway. But I guess this is better, we  both dealing on professional terms like you suggested.”

That was the end of the discussion but not Swara’s misery. She never found him on the couch every night.  She waited every night peeking, wishing he would appear but he wouldn't. He locked himself ..just like in old times. His smiles were clipped as his words. 

He was angry! He will come around, Swara told herself but she knew Sanskaar by now. It was only till a limit you could push him to.

-------------

The next morning … A  lovely,  fresh bunch of budding red roses arrived at Maheshwari Mansion.

Swara was the first one to grab them. How lovely!  Her heart leaped with joy as her eyes found a little note …

For someone special 

                                   S

So, He is finally coming around.

Well! A bunch of roses is always a good start. She traced the delicate petals and buried her face into a blooming fragrance. She would arrange them in a vase and thank him for such a lovely gesture.Her thoughts took a break as Sanskaar came and eyed the roses in her hand and smiled.

“Oh! They are here already ! Thank you so much for picking them up, Swara! “Sanskaar grabbed the bouquet leaving Swara’s hand empty.”  I have to leave now.” And he didn't give her a chance to react. 

Swara simply stood stunned. One minute she was holding something beautiful and the next minute she was left empty-handed. They weren't for her! Swara realized. She tried to ignore the prick. Of course! How silly of her to assume those roses were for her.

 She no longer was someone special to him. 

------

One fine day, Sanskaar had a voicemail. He had already left for office. Swara wondered who it could be. No one called the landline number other than a few close ones. At the click came a smooth .toned female voice raising every shackle on her body.

Hey, Sanskaar!  Kavita here! We are meeting for lunch as planned, Right! And I loved those roses! Thank you. See you soon! ”

The call went off with a beep. Swara whirled and rushed to her room, her eyes suddenly blurry. She didn't like what she was feeling.

Not at all.

---------

It was at dinner she broached the topic. She waited for him to say something on his own, but Sanskaar simply dined in silence checking his mobile in between.