098

Today's fanart is byyyyy @LoveableDear!! Istg y'all are too damn talented!! I adore the cute little braid that [Name] has!! Really cute and her eyes!! Omg, look at them! Anyways, here we go! Also, to those who got the University reference in this chapter, marry me pls.

-----

Today was the day you'd be getting discharged. As excited as you would have been, worry still plagued your mind when you thought about the horrid vision you had gotten a few days prior.

However, seeing the smiles on your brother and father's faces, you couldn't help but push your worries aside for the day. Today was supposed to be a good day, you shouldn't let your misery ruin it.

With you still having some trouble standing up, the doctor advised your father to have at least one person with you, be it your father or brother.

With a firm nod, the older man slid in the driving seat and buckled up. Your brother was sitting in the passenger seat, simply because he was an asshole who thought it'd be funny to play shot-gun with someone having a stab wound.

But you decided to ignore his annoying antics and turned your head to look outside the window. There wasn't exactly any silence in the car since your father was nice enough to play some radio, but the awkward atmosphere was still there.

What do people even talk about with their parents? What about siblings?

Well, you found it quite easy to talk with Shinichirō, but that was because you spent most of your time with him. With someone who you've barely spent anytime with, and with so much catching up to do, you didn't know what to say without starting an entire conversation about how shitty your life has been.

But you stopped thinking about that when [Brother Name] had the heart to strike up the conversation, "Say, egghead?" He called out and you almost huffed in annoyance.

He would not let that nickname go.

He recalled vividly when you were only 5 months old, and he had placed a tray of eggs beside you while trying to scavenge for some ham that was stored in the their fridge. Little you ended up picking one of the eggs and cracking it all over your head, and then proceeding to cry because the sharp end of the egg shell ended up hurting you.

Ever since that day, that nickname was stuck with you, at least by [Brother Name].

"Will you ever drop that God awful nickname?!" You huffed and he chortled in his seat, "Hell no! Not in a million years!!" He affirmed and your father cracked a small smile at your playful banter.

"-anyways! What I wanted to tell you, was that my University's gonna have a festival in a few days! Wanna come with me? There's gonna be lots'a stalls, you can even call over those crazy friends of yours!"

Your eyes widened in surprise, "Wait, you actually go to a university?" You really didn't believe Ran and Rindou when they told you about it, but now that you're hearing it really does surprise you.

"Huh?! Of course I am! You think I'm too stupid to get in one?!" He huffed and your father continued to drive silently, opting to enjoy the sibling banter he wished he could have seen sooner.

"Hey, your words, not mine..." You trailed off, giggling silenting at the fuming expression your older brother was making, "You know what, I'm not even gonna let you guys enter!!" He huffed once more before turning his head forward.

"Wait, what university do you even go to, by the way?" You asked and he huffed dramatically, not answering you. You rolled your eyes playfully and leaned over into the narrow separation of the front seats and the back seats, "Dad, can you tell what university this idiot goes to?"