9- Day Three

Your POV

I woke up in a pretty great mood this wonderful morning. I could hear rain pitter pattering on my tent and the coziness of my blankets paired with the calming ambience and the smell of rain was the perfect way to start a day.
Or end a day.
Or spend a day.
Ah, I just really like rain.
And...
I was pretty sure I still had a date later tonight.
That Luisa girl, she really was something. Looks like she could crush me, yet is easily crushed herself. She was gorgeous, had the cutest expressions, and she always looked so sincere. Not every girl could make me melt with just a look.

...well...maybe they could...but it's only cause...women...y'know..?

But Luisa was different of course.

It's not like I'd fallen for her or anything. Fallen for her looks, perhaps. But I wouldn't call this feeling love. If things didn't work out between us, I think I'd be perfectly okay with that. At least I would've spent a night with good company.
And if things did work out... well maybe I'd get to see more than just her happy and pouty faces.
But again, as much as I was hoping for something to happen tonight, nothing had to happen.
Worst case scenario, I embarrass myself or I get her to hate me, or maybe by the end of the night I'll hate her—either way, I'll never have to see her again after I leave. So it's really a win - not-loose-but-not-exactly-win-either situation!

Plus, I noticed she has a pretty hot older sister...

I rub the rest of the sleep out of my eyes and sit up when I realized I was conversing with myself again.

It was time to start the day! I didn't have time to spend in LaLa Land!

I change out of my inside clothes and into another T-shirt and grey sweatpants, along with rain boots. I was going to wear a poncho over my clothes anyways; it didn't sound like the rain was going to let up any time soon, so I wasn't too worried about my outfit.

I gathered my things for the day in my backpack and after putting it on, put the poncho over myself. I took a small travel bag that I kept my toothbrush, paste, and soap n' such in and headed down to the river where I freshened up.

On my way to town I dropped off the little bag in my tent and locked up.

It was raining cats and dogs as I walked through mud and muck, but the weather seemed to be getting worse the closer I got to town. In fact, the clouds were the darkest and raining the heaviest right over the house the Madrigals lived in.

'Doesn't some weather lady live there.. how'd it go in Mirabel's song...? Na na nana na naa~ her mood affects the weather~ Yeah! That's it! She must be upset. Sheesh. Wonder what's got her causing up a storm.'
I mentally high-five myself for that joke, and keep walking. I was looking for a place to get some grub, but the same market place that was so lively the day before, looked a little sad now.
There were only a few carts out, and even fewer people. In fact, as I looked around I noticed that all the windows of every building in the town were shut and there were barely any people up and about in general.

I could understand though, the rain was getting really hard. Heck, it was starting to hurt the top of my head, even with my hood up. And so here I was, looking stupid as hell, cause I thought walking in the rain without an umbrella would be romantic.

Seeing as there wasn't any food stands out this morning, I dragged myself to town square, thinking that maybe there would be an actual restaurant open.

But as I was looking around for one, a man came out of his house with two umbrellas, he was using the open one, but he had a closed one in his hand.

"You should take cover, stranger. I don't know why, but it seems that Pepa's in a very bad mood, and that means the weather's only going to get worse. I pray she won't cause another hurricane...", he sighs and hands me the extra umbrella. I yell out a "thank you" as he runs back into his house.

'Crap, I should've asked if he knew where I could get food.'

I sigh and open up the umbrella, taking cover under it. The pounding feeling on my skull subsided and I could really hear myself think for the first time in a while.

What the kind man had said really worried me. I don't think my tent is equipped to handle a hurricane.
I could go to the source and try to stop one from happening... Maybe I could talk Pepa out of whatever funk she was in. Maybe she needed a shoulder to cry on, or an extra ear to listen. Maybe I was in the right place at the right time, and I was meant to be there for her!

I snicker to myself at my own dramaticness. I've never even talked to the woman, like I was going to bust into her house and listen to her life story.
Maybe I'd step in front of her and say the classic, "Hey! This isn't you!"

My snicker turns into a chuckle and I start to walk again. Like hell I was going to interfere, I wasn't some y/n in a poorly written Twilight fanfic, who could make problems go away by just batting her eyelashes.

I figured it was best if I went back to camp and made sure everything would be fine in case there really was a hurricane. I wasn't like, starving-hungry anyways.
Hopefully the weather would get a little better by tonight.
I wouldn't mind a little rain though. Sharing an umbrella with Luisa would be pretty romantic in a cliché sort of way.

I was imagining how our date would go, when Luisa herself walked across the road. She was carrying a broken wagon, a donkey, and a man with an umbrella who sat in the wagon.

"Well look who it is! I was just thinking about you.", I yell over the rain as I jog up to her.

She stops power walking to look at me and smiles nervously.

"O-oh! Hey y/n.. you were?"

"Yeah..! I'm really excited for our date tonight! ..What're you doing with...that?", I ask, motioning to the stuff she was carrying over her head.

"So it was a date??", she clarifies with surprise in her voice.

"Duh! Wait...wAs?"

I could barely make out Luisa's mouth opening to say something through the thickness of the rain when a boom of thunder interrupted her.

"Can you take me home now??", the man on the cart yelled out from above.

"Ah! Sorry.", Luisa apologizes and gives me a sorry look before walking off.

As they walked away it kinda pissed me off seeing the man all cozy and dry, hitching a ride while Luisa had to lug him, a cart, and a donkey all while taking the rain like a champ. The least he could do for the nice lady literally carrying him home would be holding the umbrella over her.

...

Well if he wasn't going to do it, I guess I'd have to.

Before they could get too far, I ran to catch up with them; which was relatively hard with how long the strides Luisa was taking were. But all that hiking through rough terrain finally came through and I was able to catch up.

As I got closer I held out the umbrella over Luisa's head from behind, which was really the only angle I could hold it from. I had to extend my whole arm out to make the umbrella cover her and the thumping sensation had returned to my head.

The things I'd do for a gal...