| 2.10 |

The concept of a drive-in movie seemed odd enough already. It surely didn't help once Jungwon actually had parked the car and brought this weird speaker into the car.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" he questioned in amusement as he noticed me staring at him in confusion.

"It's just... this is a weird concept," I excused quietly and he smiled softly at me.

"Do you want to lay the seat down?" he questioned and I frowned at him once again, "the passenger's seat can slide quite far back and lay down a bit more."

"I wouldn't be able to see anything," I excused and pointed towards the white fabric that was strung up between two tall poles.

"Ji," he let out a small laugh before running a hand over his face, "I'm trying to ask you if you'd like for us to do it so I can sit behind you... are you getting me now?"

"Oh..." I murmured and looked down towards my feet before eventually shrugging, "I don't know, may-" I paused as I looked back up at Jungwon and noticed the annoying flare of blonde hair by his rolled down window.

"Oh hey there Johnny," Tiffany breathed out as she leaned her arms on Jungwon's window and he abruptly turned to look at her, "I thought Sophie already had left town, had she not? For med-school?"

"She has," Jungwon cleared his throat awkwardly as Tiffany finally looked over at me.

"No kidding!" she exclaimed with a small snort.

"Hi Tiffany," I bitterly smiled at her.

"Damn Jillian, you're gone for a whole semester and are just as weird and hostile as I recall," she chuckled before glancing at Jungwon, "why did you bring her? Isn't she a bit of a drag?"

"Excuse you?" I arched a brow in disbelief and lowered my head enough for me to glare at her through my eyelashes.

"You should've seen last semeter Jill," Tiffany sighed in a dreamy manner, "Jungwon surely is a great seatmate. We had so much fun and he's so charming when helping me with my homework," Tiffany remarked and softly caressed Jungwon's arm.

"Is that so?" I questioned and glanced at Jungwon, whose expression either was pure fear for me or for Tiffany.

"Mhm," she hummed happily before looking over at me, glancing me up and down, "you two aren't dating still, right? It would be a shame if you did. Especially for Johnny."

"We are actually," Jungwon hurriedly announced once he noticed I was giving him a questioning look. I had been gone long enough to even wonder if our small agreement still meant anything to him, "now if you'd leave Tiffany, that would be great. We're trying to have a date."

Tiffany let out a huff before looking me up and down and just sassily quirking a brow before wandering off. Immediately a deep breath escaped Jungwon as he rushed to look at me.

"Look, nothing happened between us. She noticded you were gone for a week and I was down and she just decided to take your seat for the rest of the semester an-" Jungwon immediately started as I looked after Tiffany's blonde hair, watching it disappear between the cars.

"I think it was good you got her to go. I was very close to shutting that window on her arms," I muttered as I squinted my eyes at the annoyingly bright blonde hair that now disappeared in the mass of cars.

Once I looked back at Jungwon he just sat and stared at me in disbelief. I definitely thought it was disbelief.

"What?" I muttered in confusion and searched his face for answers. I hadn't noticed before now, but being away from him for so long really did something to my ability of reading his face.