33 - Scarred Fae

Caprice

Caprice

For the first time, Taur, you're actually right," I tease him. But he's right. We need medical help for Gemi, not just to carry him around like we did with Leilani. Who knows? She might have gotten a concussion. She might actually have one, given how dimwitted she acts.

Taurus mock preens, looking quite pleased, "Why, thank you. Now do we get going?"

"Yeah. Who's carrying Gemi?" Vienna steps in, her brow furrowing a bit as she glances over the blonde.

The Firefly Chasers stare at her, obviously thinking deeply, before Sagittaria speaks for them. "You, obviously."

"No. Hell no," Vienna says with a roll of her eyes before stepping back, "Why don't you do it?"

They stare each other down for a few minutes before Sagittaria snorts contemptuously, evidently seeming disgusted, "Fine."

Ari and Nia both stretch at the same time before Carina attempts to wake Pisces up, but it doesn't seem to work and she slings his body across her shoulder. The tall brunette seems not to break a sweat, but we all know she'll drop Pisces on Scorpio as soon as she gets tired.

"Where's the other three?" I ask, not really expecting to get an answer.

"Probably still at the crash site," Leo answers.

"Should we try to make our way back there, then?" Nia frowns.

"No," Leilani shakes her head, "We're totally lost and that would be stupid."

I snort, "Look who's right for once."

"Get along, will you?" Nia snaps as Leilani twists her head to shoot me a disgusted glare. I merely treat her to a smug smile.

"Yes, sir," Leilani mock salutes spitefully.

We straggle through the forest, making loud noises and being idiots in general. Nia and Vienna are lazily chatting to each other about who's thirstier. 

Which is why I'm not surprised that nobody else heard the loud cracking and only noticed the heavy falling branch when it crashed on the ground, nearly clipping my toe. I glance upwards instinctively and see a shadow vanishing into the treetops. How unlucky for them. The Inez sisters' heads snap to me immediately, Vienna abandoning her conversation with Nia although the blonde girl is still talking, as I immediately stop and jerk my head in a nod, Run.

"Is Pisces awake yet?" Leilani asks casually.

"No," Carina grunts, before hissing at Scorpio, "Can you — take him — he's so heavy —"

Called it. My lips curl in a slight smile despite the circumstances as the older brunette looks down at his little sister, not amused at all.

"Well, I think we should wake him," Vienna says between clenched teeth, tension obvious in her tone, "He's missing out on the party." Only a complete idiot would miss the heavy implication that there's definitely something wrong here.