LVIII

FIFTY EIGHT: A CONNECTION

SOUJIN POV

"Oh Sehun.... is the reason why I'm a police officer," Hoseok said as he looked at us.

"Sehun is my older cousin. He helped me study criminology and sent me to the police force. I'm sorry I haven't brought this up until now," Hoseok explained, and Jungkook tilted his head.

"You didn't tell me you were studying to be one. I mean, I knew from the start that the place we first met you was odd... but, I didn't think you'd be one too," Jungkook said.

"It's not by own will. Sehun wanted me to be there, he wanted me to there for a short time. But then I realized that I being an officer gives me more benefits especially for knowing insider information," Hoseok explained.

"I don't think I understand. Can you tell me why Sehun even wanted you there in the police force?" I asked, and Taehyung smiled.

"Hoseok is a child spy, Soujin. His family is pretty complicated. He was adopted by his cousin's family when his own parents eloped. But he was trained to be an underground spy working for his family. But it was a long time ago, there's no way he would have known since he doesn't really deal with the affairs of the military, and his identity needs to concealed all the time. Hoseok had always made himself a good image to Sehun, which is why he helped him into the police force for insider information," Taehyung said.

"But, why are you following Sehun, Hoseok? And why did he send you to the police force?" I asked, and Hoseok sighed.

"It was a mission when Bangtan was dormant for a while when Jungkook was in prison. It was for a certain friend of his that he wanted to confirm," Hoseok said, and I nodded.

"The friend of his wanted information and was willing to pay a lot of money to destroy the files. It was about something of a woman who died, but owned a large building. I don't understand what it was but it seemed like the friend really wanted it, she went along by the name Lee Cheonsim," Hoseok said, and Yeonjun nodded.

"Lee Cheonsim... huh. Who was this friend? Can you tell anything unusual from the way Sehun told you the details? Usually, he'd give you identification, an image? Anything?" I asked.

"I don't know who this Lee Cheonsim is, but she's a doctor. She died a couple years back, and she seemed to be an urgent matter to Sehun," Hoseok explained and I nodded.

"Lee Cheonsim huh.... did he mention about the person who requested to terminate the evidence? Who wanted to terminate this woman's notified death?" I asked, and Hoseok stayed silent as he gave me the USB.

"I already did my job, but I still haven't given this to Sehun. You should just find out and piece these by yourself," Hoseok said and Yeonjun hummed.

"You know what, now that I think about it, Hoseok... who is Sehun always communicating with that he himself would be worried over this?" Yeonjun asked.

"Sehun is a very sketchy cousin. He has weird times where he goes out at 1 in the morning with a phone call. Although, I have never heard him call a name of anyone suspicious to us," Hoseok replied.

-

"Lee Cheonsim.... 32 years old... stands at 5'3 of height. Everything seems normal... she's a pediatrician who treats children with severe diseases and treats them in a building that is secluded in Gyeonggi-do to prevent anything that provokes their diseases to worsen. Is a part of....," I paused, and Yeonjun looked over to the laptop screen.

"...SAN health institute. Died of fatal car accident at 2003," I said, and Jungkook looked over to the screen.

"SAN? And fatal car accident...," Jungkook said.