|| 37 ||

Art: ???

A/N: Publishing again! Yessss!!

Give it up again for another chapter in a row this month! I just got so excited about this small 'side quest' kind of story they all got dragged into.

(Edit): Bruh— why'd I think Pulcinella would be taller.......... He's not even tall enough to carry Y/N on his shoulder either. (P.S. For those who've seen the new Genshin video)

My image of him was taller, but shorter than Dottore. And a cool guy with a mystery opus mask on from the very early shown story chapter preview.

The two adoptive brothers couldn't help but be excited somehow to absolutely destroy some newbies in fighting.

When they say sparring, did they mean with actual weapons? Or with spare hands?

"We've gone over weapon handling, so we'll be sparring with these daggers you'll start to become accustomed to." The 'mentor' announced as he brought out an entire rack of an entire selection of blades.

All looking identical, only they were made of wood. The shape were exactly as seen as per more pro Fatui guys.

'But they're still weak,' per Diluc's declaration.

Diluc stared at the dagger, as he tried to adjust his grip on the weapon. But it was somehow so weird shaped it was hard to easily grasp and get used to quite yet.

Kaeya was already swinging it around in the air like a freezing maniac psycho.

Albedo was analyzing every single bit of it, as he went into the motion of grabbing his notebook and pen, only he realized he was wearing a different jacket.

"Alright, first up I want number 15 and 22. Then 31 and 8. 40 and 44–" and ect.  Only Diluc was paired up with Kaeya unexpectedly.

While Albedo was up against a taller and very confident boasting foe. A type of person he's most having trouble of dealing with.

'Man, is Albedo alright against that guy? He looks pretty ripped and a lot bigger than he is...' he looked from Albedo over to his own opponent Diluc. And noticed the fired-up aura he was feeling as Diluc gripped the handles of the blades tightly, staring down Kaeya.

Then he came to remember, 'am I going to be alright against this guy?' He started to sweat rapidly, because he knew Diluc absolutely forgot about 'keeping it moderate' as soon as Kaeya was his opponent.

"Start whenever you're ready, in 3, 2, 1!" It was quiet until there was a loud clash that didn't sound like wood hitting each other. It wasn't a less aggressive and almost placid sound.

Most eyes turned to Diluc who hadn't thought even twice about attacking Kaeya very seriously. As the blueberry man looked quite concerned for himself, and Diluc because quite naturally people might think he's a little too trained for this kind of thing.

"Diluc, moderate." Kaeya whispered through his teeth.

"I am keeping it moderate."

"Not to the people around us." He whispered back, as he pushed Diluc's weight off of himself. Using his daggers, swinging them straight upwards to distance himself from him.

The rest stared as this was happening in almost 10 seconds.

And before the two could continue the intense fighting, they both saw an image in their heads of the one fight that broke their brotherhood in half.

Which made the fight a little more mild and moderate in fact.

As Albedo noticed the sharp and immediate decrease of will to fight, the instructor proceeded to shout for the rest to start their own fights already.