*bonus chapter 2

MOVIES FRIDAY

"Oh my God, Steve, I literally love you," Max greets Nora's older brother as the two girls are sitting in Nora's hospital bed, three days after Nora had initially gained an understanding of her surroundings.

Steve rolls in a cart with a hundred year old TV on it with a grin. "The only movie they have is The Breakfast Club, so Molly Ringwald haters can leave the room now," he states, pressing a button on the side of the TV, laughing excitedly as it turns on then moving to hand Max the remote for controls.

The movie starts almost immediately, and Steve slips out of the room as Max and Nora get more comfortable in each other's sides, Max automatically taking move as big spoon as Nora's whole body feels numb at the moment.

"Is today Friday?" Nora mumbles up, softly talking over Ally Sheedy.

"Yeah," Max laughs slightly. "Does this count as our date?"

"I guess," Nora goes along with the redhead. "I was expecting something more Ferris Bueller," she references the most recent movie in the theaters at the moment.

"You're only saying that 'cause you're obsessed with Mia Sara," Max rightfully calls her girlfriend out.

"Can you blame me?" Nora giggles a bit, definitely not paying attention to anything on the screen.

"You're so high on drugs right now."

"It feels like jellyfish are swimming in my stomach," she supports Max's point with slurred words. "D'you wanna go skateboarding?" She suddenly eagerly asks the redhead.

"Right this second?!" Max looks amused down at Nora, wishing she could take a picture of the girl's frazzled state at the moment.

"Yeah!" Nora smiles dazedly. "I like it when you hold my hand so I don't fall."

Without a word, Max interlaces the their fingers, and rests her head atop Nora's laying on her shoulder.

"We'll skateboard as soon as you get out of here," Max assures, but Nora's already drifting off to sleep with a small smile on her face.

"That's not for another million years," Nora mumbles.

"I'll wait."

a/n:
idk I'm sorry I warned u I was bad at this I have a fun chapter planned coming out next time I watch a compelling sadie sink edit so keep a lookout