6

I quickly ran upstairs, doing as I was told. I don't think Colby wanted to show that he was nervous about the knocks on the door but I could see the fear dancing in his eyes.

When I got upstairs I turned to the first room on the right then went in.

"Oh." I whispered, looking at the massive room around me.

It looked like it could be its own personal apartment. There was a big king sized bed on one end of the room and a fireplace on the other.

There was a little reading nook by the fireplace. Connected to that area was a huge bathroom and a closet.

It was bigger than the entire upstairs of my house in Seattle.

I went over to the reading nook to see poetry books lining the shelves. I thought it was funny how these guys had so many books but didn't read any of them.

The library downstairs was gorgeous. It was something my sister Jenna would have loved.

While we were in there all I could think about was how excited she would be to snuggle up on the couch and learn some stuff.

I felt my heart shift thinking about my siblings.

Knowing I wouldn't be going home to them was breaking me.

The fact I promised my sweet brother that I would play legos with him was hurting.

I just wish I could have said goodbye.

After staring at the books for a second I grabbed one and went to sit on the bed. It was really hot in here so I took off my shirt, leaving me in just my bra and yoga pants.

I sighed then laid back, opening the book.

I found myself getting lost in the words. I didn't usually ever get free time and although I wasn't thrilled about the situation I was in, right now it wasn't so bad.

Before I could get too comfortable here, I needed to come up with a plan to get out.

I couldn't just outright escape because that would get me killed. I had to be strategic.

I had to convince them that I had no value to them. I had to show them that life would be better if I was back in Seattle.

I could also help them so much with one thing that they would owe me.

I wasn't sure which plan was better though.

My thoughts were interrupted by the door opening, causing me to flinch and sit up.

"Hey-oh." Colby said as his eyes drifted down to my shirtless torso.

"Shit. Sorry...it was hot." I said and quickly grabbed my shirt and covered myself with it. He looked at me with such an intense glare it felt like he was undressing me with his eyes.

I shifted uncomfortably as he nodded. "There's some clothes in the closet, they'll be too big for you but I don't have time to get you any other clothes." He explained and went to the heating and cooling console on the wall and messed with it.

"I have to go take care of some business. You are to stay in here until I get back. I'll bring you some food since I don't know how long I'll be gone." He said as I put my shirt on.

"I know you're already thinking about escaping so I thought I'd let you know we have heavy amounts of security. You won't make it down the driveway alive." He explained coldly and reached into his pocket.

"Are we clear?" He asked and started putting on multiple rings. I found myself staring at his hands while he strategically placed the rings on their respective fingers.