27.

Who even looks that good after a hike?????????/ MY husband.

I feel awful for not updating this long, but I made this chapter XXXXXXL. And, be prepared, the end is nearing so each chapter might be the last. :)

An additional two days had passed, meaning a total of five, horrible days. She had expected him to be gone for just a little while, but nowhere near a week. Her hopes of him coming back had sunk to her feet. All she wanted to do was see him, hold him and what not. Especially to tell him she loved him too, but she never had the chance to do so and it seemed as if she wouldn't have one ever again.

It was also quite depressing how the appointment for her check-up was set tomorrow, and how he actually was really excited about it, but he probably wouldn't even be there either.

"Honey, are you okay?" Fabienne had taken Rose out for afternoon tea, not only to socialize, but it was also very business-related. She noticed Rose was very distance and staring into space the entire time while Fabienne tried to lighten the mood by cracking jokes.

"Yes, I'm just a little tired."

"Are you at least a little excited for the surprise I have for you?" Fabienne nudged.

For weeks almost Fabienne had been reminding her about this particular high tea, but wouldn't say why. "Yes, very. What is it?"

Fabienne gazed over Rose's shoulder, keeping a smile on her face as she did so. When she waved, Rose too turned around and all but fainted at the sight of the two men nearing.

"This is a joke," gasped Rose. It couldn't be reality that Xander from Comme des Garçons and Zairefrom Lanvin had come to join them for their high tea. "Fabienne!"

"Yes, honey?" she grinned before getting up to greet the two and introducing them to Rose.

This afternoon tea session had managed to flip Rose's mood upside down. Fabienne had let her know multiple times before she was more than willing to help her with her expansion, but Rose never expected she would help like this.

They were really humble and nice, even though they looked extremely stern. The four of them would work together with Net-A-Porter to start a new project. A bunch of exclusive items obviously from Lanvin and Comme des Garçons and some Fabienne and Rose would choose together could be purchased through Net-A-Porter's websiteor at Rose's.

It all seemed to happen this sudden, but she wasn't complaining at all. It was only something she could dream of, to work with such big names and being the one to have the honor to sell their exclusive items.

It wasn't just that, but working with the best business partner in the world only added up to her happiness. Fabienne was so caring, sweet-basically the female and younger version of Jean-Pierre. She was the type of woman to call Rose just to ask how she was doing, to give Rose all types of gifts just to see her appreciate them and she never did it because she wanted anything in return. She did it, because she felt like doing it and because she liked to do so.

For some reason Fabienne had asked Rose to come to Fabienne's shop, not that she minded or anything. Even when she arrived, she had no clue what it was Fabienne wanted her to be there for. Up to the point she decided to explain, since she noticed Rose was absolutely clueless.

"Raphael ordered me to make you some things. They had to be suitable for warm, tropical weather. Are you two going on a trip?"

"No...?" Rose glowered, trying to recall if he had told her before he left that they were going somewhere. "Not that I know of."

"Where is he?"

And Rose's thoughts visibly drifted away as she was wondering the exact same thing. She knew that he would contact her to let her know he was fine if he could. But now that he hadn't for almost a week, she started to wonder if he actually was fine.