[ 20 ] Just A Kiss

CHAPTER TWENTY
just a kiss

CHAPTER TWENTY• just a kiss •

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

six months ago - WICKED headquarters

Thomas rushed down through the isles of glass cabinets, the only thing on his mind being to find Teresa. To find her and explain why he did it.

Why he give away their coordinates.

Why he lied about what he was doing during all the extra hours spent in the computer room.

Why he performed surgery on himself so his plan could work?

Why he toyed with her brain?

Why he betrayed them all?

He rounded one of the cabinets, being careful to not hit his shoulder on the glass and cause a commotion. Thomas knew he was being followed; he knew there wasn't much time before the guards found him and took him away. When that did happen, his fate would be put into Ava-or worse Jansons-hands.

Who knew what would happen to him then.

The blue lights surrounded him, reflecting off his irises as he scurried along the storage room. This was a place he rarely ever saw; there had never been a need for him to look at testing tubes, because his job had always been to build the mazes.

He knew he would find Teresa here, though. Unlike him, the girl always found herself examining and studying the small containers of liquids. Thomas wasn't stupid-he knew they were all of the failed cures that had been used on helpless citizens. Or what WICKED liked to call them-cranks.

Cranks were the people who were so badly infected with the flare that one could say they were gone.

They were brought in from all over the world; kidnapped and enslaved. Kind of the same concept as the test subjects for the maze trials, except these humans-if you could even call them that-stood no chance against humanity. In fact that was the very thing they were lacking.

The sound of a door opening startled him, and he quickly turned to the left to avoid being in eyesight. Thomas could make out the red lights that shined from the center of the room; he knew that's where Teresa would be.

His steps slowed as he saw her raven hair from across the room. A smile lit her face; her arms swinging to the side slightly. "Hey."

He moved quickly to be in front of her, keeping his distance but at the same time being close enough so he could whisper to her. "Did anyone see you come here?"

At his panicked words she seemed to finally realize that he wasn't coming to just have a friendly chat with her. Teresa shook her head, glancing around the room from the new paranoia that had arrived with his urgency. "No, what are you talking about?" she asked him softly.