A Star is Born

Rose's P.O.V.

You know life how life is a bitch and knows exactly when to kick you when your down?

Yeah, me too.

Right now life is currently ripping me to shreds and burning me alive, at least that's what it feels physically, why did no one tell me child birth was this damn painful?

I mean come on! I've been brutally tortured for months on end at one point, of course that was years ago. And the horror and trauma that I went through made me seriously consider whether living was really worth is or not, and my dumbass stupidly decided it was.

But I'm glad I did because over these past ten years I've gotten to know these guys and we've really grown, and so has our kingdom. The vampires and Werewolves are no longer divided and the humans are slaves to either race now. Not to say everything's perfect but quality of life is so much better now, which the only reasons I felt safe and content enough to bring a baby into this world.

Which was rough in the beginning because everyone and their mother was practically demanding I get knocked up. And at least once a week I had old women coming up to me telling me all the home remedies to get pregnant quickly.

And thank the goddess I'll never have to have another one of those conversations again... but if I do I may just scream.

"Breathe Rose you're doing great," Xavier cheers bringing me back to the task at hand.

"I'm breathing!" I grit out, when another contraction hits me and I scream as it racks through me.

At this point I can't tell whether I'm happy or mad about having to push out this kid, and I'm pretty sure it's a girl because damn is she really past her due date. No little boy would make me wait this long, I mean after all most little boys have no damn patience.

At least the ones I've been babysitting lately, I wanted to get some first hand experiences when it came to taking care of babies because goddess knows one of us has to remain calm. And I know damn well it won't be any of the three wolves that got me in to this situation in the first place.

"Your majesty you can begin pushing!" The Doctor tells me, as if I needed her damn permission.

I take another deep breath before ultimately trying to push a watermelon out of my damn straw... I have Xavier and Damien on either side of me and I'm currently squeezing their hands. And to be honest I'm trying to break their damn bones I want them to be in at least some kind of pain like I am.

"Your doing great sweetheart!" Lucian calls over all my screaming and cussing, he's currently north of the equator and I can tell by the tone of his voice it's not a pleasant sight.

"Fuck you you jerk, y'all got to do the fun part and now I do all the work!" I seethe at them.

"Your majesty just keep pushing!" The Doctor orders and his tone causes three growls erupt from around me and it just reminds me how protective they've been these last nine months.

I haven't been allowed to leave the house, and I always had one of them hovering near me at all hours of the day and night. It was cute and sweet in the beginning but after about a month of so I really wanted to kill the damn bastards.

"He's crowning!" the Doctor shouts.

"Come on baby you can do it, just a little bit more," Damien coaches.

"No no you do it for me," I sigh exhausted.

I hear a few chuckles from around me before ultimately, I push once again and the sounds of a crying child assault my ears.

"Congratulations it's a baby girl," the doctor says as he raises her up to where I can see her.

And oh good lord, she looked gross but I don't care I just my little girl, after everything we've been though to get here it was worth it.

A nurse took her away briefly and Xavier followed after her while Damien was comforting me and congratulating me. I was faintly watching Lucian out of the corner of my eye, the doctor was removing the after birth, and it felt terrific!

But I don't think that's how it looked because poor Lucian looked as if he was about to faint, without a word he quickly moved up to my head.

We didn't have to wait much longer for my daughter to come back, only instead of the nurse carrying her Xavier was. I couldn't decipher the look on his face, it was a mix of amazement and love but their was also fear.

"She's so small I like I could break her," Xavier whispered and I could tell his anxiety was riding high, especially if he's whispering or being quiet over all.

He gently hands me her, before Damien asked the one question I absolutely dreaded,"so what's her name?"

"It needs to be fierce," Lucian says.

"But it also has to be diplomatic, after all she's going to be the next queen," Damien chimes in.

"Thank you so much, you all are so incredibly unhelpful," I deadpan.

After about an hour of us going back and forth throwing out ideas left and right, even to the point where some of the staff decided to add in their opinion and own ideas. After all of that we finally came up with what her name shall be Daphne.

Princess Daphne, the first born Luna Queen...