21. Poisoned Crowns

"Keiji?! Keiji where are you?!"

Amaya ran up to Bokuto, worried. "What's wrong?!"

"He wasn't in bed when I woke up and it's been hours! Help me!" Bokuto cried out.

Amaya turned around. "All of you! Stop standing around and search for my brother before I have you forced from you position!"

Bokuto clutched his hair, panicking. "He was okay when he woke up in the middle of the night for water!"

"Kotarou calm down he probably is just sitting in his study." Amaya rushed him upstairs where the study was. Empty. She gulped. "Dad's room?"

Bokuto followed her there and again the room was empty. The library, his mother's room, the dining hall, the garden, and even the ballroom were empty. "Oh my God I'm going to have a meltdown where is he?"

Amaya looked out the window and her eyes widened. "Outside."

Bokuto looked out and saw Akaashi slumped against a tree, someone who looked suspiciously like Bokuto's mother kneeling beside him. Bokuto hurried out of the castle and down to him. Akaashi looked up, looking exhausted. Bokuto's mother looked up. "Kotarou! Please do help him!"

Bokuto leaned down and lifted him. "Keiji... you had me worried sick. Did you throw up? What's wrong?"

"I... I don't know. I was walking and i just woke up and..." He sighed heavily. "My stomach... I feel sick."

Bokuto looked at his mother. "Mama what happened?"

"I found him passed out and wanted to make sure he was okay. It looks like he threw up a few feet away."

Akaashi's head lolled back and Bokuto hefted him up higher. "Shit!"

Akaashi started to throw up and started choking on it. Bokuto put him back on the ground and turned him over. Akaashi emptied his stomach and wiped his chin, gasping.

"Keiji?"

"Poison."

"What?"

"I only get ill if someone poisons me. And throw up for hours."

"How do you know that?" Bokuto questioned, gently taking the crown that had fallen from Akaashi's head and putting it nearby.

"Someone tried to get to me when I was younger. Three times. Three different poisons. One was only last year. This feels like it. Do I have hives?"

Bokuto gave him a quizzical look. "What?"

"Red bumps. Like a rash almost. They should be on my neck-" he coughed.

Bokuto lifted his chin carefully. "Oh honey..."

Akaashi started to cough again. He gagged and started to dry heave, clasping his chest. "I need-" he gagged again. "Water!"

Bokuto lifted him to his feet and got him inside,his mother following blindly behind. Bokuto went to the kitchen and Akaashi was handed a glass of water. He couldn't stop coughing and gagging though, bent into himself. "What else do you need Keiji? Is there anything we can do?"

Akaashi slammed his hand on the table, rocking himself. "It hurts."

Bokuto saw a guard nearby. "Are you all still searching for Satoru?"

"Yes sir."

"Look harder. Keiji must have been poisoned by him."

Akaashi whined loudly. "Maybe if I eat something? I already threw up everything."

Bokuto helped him sit up. "Yeah, yeah let's get some food on your stomach."

A servant hurried over with a few biscuits. "Will this be alright?"