Chapter 25: End?

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes

Bold + Italics: Songs lyrics, Voice on speaker

Bold + Underline: Dimension change information

(A/N: All the images, fan-designs, opening, ending or gifs used do not belong to me, they belong to the respective owners)

Previously we saw Issei and the others enter Level 9223372036854775807, where they saw it was presumably infinite, they knew that the only option they had was to go upstairs which they did, before they went Summer told them about the man known as Dr. Charles who was considered a living legend in the backrooms, he was considered to be the smartest man alive before his disappearance. Ruby wanted to rescue him, but his fate was pretty much unknown at this point since he would probably would have been something else entirely at this point saddening Ruby. After a while they decided to climb the stairs since that was the only logical option they could do they decide to continue climbing till they saw the elevator that they were supposed to enter in order to get out of here, Ruby tried to rush, however Issei saw this as a trap realizing that another presence is atop of them, the presence was revealed to be a construct known by the name of Geras, who was sent to stop and kill the group in the most sadistic way possible, Ruby tried to decapitate him, which she was successful at doing so, however Geras was a fixed point in time, so he easily was revived, he gave a strong punch to her face sending her flying which was caught by Issei's group, she was fine, Issei then asked her to rest. Jaune then charged at him with the intent to kill, but his sword was caught by Geras who examined it much to the blonde's shock, Geras then smashed Jaune to the ground and when Naofumi came to assist, even he was beaten to the ground, Summer was forced to get them out of there to a safe area, which was even harder for her, given Geras was controlling sand itself. Issei now charged in with his armor on, he kept punching him but to no avail, while Geras responded with an extremely strong punch sending Issei flying and destroying his armor, he was then healed up by Naofumi who informed them, that they need to find a way to seal him, since they cannot kill him, a man in scientist clothes comes to assist him, this was Heinz Bernadotte, a scientist and a man who had worked with Summer before, he then suggested that he has a device to disable Geras, however Issei and the others needed to distract him, they do as the man asks them to and distract Geras, with Issei entering into his Cardinal Crimson Promotion to hold him off which was able to keep up with Geras, once the device was ready Geras's body was disabled once the device was activated, he then told Issei he has five minutes to send him to the void, which he did he used his Star Sonic Booster to fly him up and then he used Fang Blast Booster to fire his energy beam destroying Geras's body sending him to the void, where he can finally rest forever. He then joined his team, as they looked upon the entity horde at the elevator, which they slaughtered mercilessly as they moved to the elevator, which they knew would take them to The End level, which is the most unpredictable level among the ones they have been through so far.

The End, 8:30 PM

The elevator then opened up revealing the End level which they all saw, several of Issei's allies were under the impression that they were freed, however they remembered Issei and Sonya's warning since they knew that this level is capable of messing with their minds, aside from that the level is relatively safe, minus the fact that if they did not find a way out, they might be sent to a random level depending on how good their luck is. 

Naofumi: So this is The End level, I was honestly expecting more.....