12

Sage pushes open the door to Klaus' room to see the man hunched over. 

"You're back," She smiles softly, kneeling down next to him.

"You noticed?"

"Of course I noticed," 

Klaus smiles softly as Sage shifts so she's sitting on the floor, her legs crossed. Klaus leans into her as she embraces him, his shoulders beginning to shake.

"What happened?" 

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you,"

"Try me,"

"Those two goons took me that night they attacked," Klaus says. "They killed a police officer and somehow I ended up in 1968. I fought in the war, I fell in love"

"What was their name?" Sage asks. 

"Dave," Klaus smiles. "He was a soldier too, he was loyal, caring, everything you want in the person you love"

"He sounds amazing," Sage whispers.

"He was," Klaus says. "And then I watched as a bullet entered his chest and I watched the light leave his eyes"

"Oh Klaus," Sage whispers, holding him tighter as he cries into her. "Are those his dog tags?"

The man nods and Sage rests her cheek against his hair holding him close. 

"I know this isn't the time," Sage says. "But did you steal their briefcase?"

"Yes, I thought I could pawn it," Klaus says. "But when I closed it-"

"You ended up in 1968," Sage finishes and he nods. 

Sage had brewed a herbal tea for Klaus that guaranteed dreamless sleep and she hoped it meant no ghosts for the man before she sprints through the house searching for her husband.

"Five?"

"Kitchen!"

Sage walks in to see her husband making a sandwich but he looks up when Sage slides in, her eyes wide and her brain whirring at a hundred miles an hour.

"What?"

"Klaus stole Hazel and Cha-Cha's briefcase," Sage says. "We have leverage"

"What are you talking about?"

"We have their briefcase, a Commission briefcase," Sage says. "That they'll be willing to bargain for"

"Shit, really?" 

Sage nods as identical grins rise on their faces, schemes already spinning through their minds at an incomprehensible speed. 

"So we're calculating who needs to die?" Sage asks. 

"In order to stop the apocalypse, yes," Five nods.

"Right,"

Sage was reading the Deathly Hallows, the only book in the Harry Potter series she could not find in the apocalypse and Five was wiring on the walls when Luther enters the room, looking at the scribbles all over the wall.

"What's all this?" Luther asks, his eyes scanning every part of the wall. 

"Map of probability,"

"Probability of what?"

"Of whose death could save the world,"

"I've narrowed it down to four,"

"Are you saying one of these four people causes the apocalypse?"

"No, I'm saying that their death might prevent it,"

"Oh,"

It was very clear to the other two occupants that Luther didn't have a clue what was going on. Though, truth be told, Sage usually mixes up Five's words and repeats them because half the time she doesn't have any idea either. 

"I'm not following,"