Chapter 8

I found myself in a strange environment, there were flowers everywhere and everywhere was so peaceful and calm. I felt calm and relaxed, most of all I felt happy; this place looked like mini heaven. Is there anywhere that is really as peaceful as this?

"Yes there is Temitope" I had a very familiar voice say, a voice that sounded just like my mum and only one person calls me by my full name.

"Mum" I grasped turning in her direction

"Yes, my love" she smiled and I ran to hug her but she suddenly vanished and appeared behind me.

"You can't hug me Temitope we are from two different dimensions"

"Mum, I missed you so much why did you have to leave me so soon" I cried not being able to control my emotions.

"I'm so sorry dear, I'm sorry I had to leave you so soon, but it was my time and God was calling me home." mum smiled sadly

"Seriously mum, you still believe in God after everything?"

"I do and you should too. Remember what I taught you Temitope, in all things give thanks."

"I'm sorry mum but the moment I saw you lying dead, God also died in my heart and I want nothing to do with him. He failed you when you needed him most." I scoffed

"God never fails, and he never failed me. I pray you get to understand things soon, everything is not always as it seems , if only you can see things from God's perspective you'd understand; you just have to trust him and let him be the driver of your life" mum explained.

"Never forget the daughter of who you are Temitope. Right from the womb God already ordained you his and you are Hephzibah, the Lord's delight. Many people will hurt and betray you but you have to forgive them and let them go. I love Temitope. Goodbye my love."

"No!!! Please mum don't leave me! I love you!" I screamed running after mum who began to fade away

"I love you too Temitope but God loves you more and he will always be there for you" she smiled and faded away totally.

"No!!!'

"Mum!! Don't leave me I still need you" I cried profusely crashing on the ground.

"Temi!!"

"Temi!! Wake up" someone said shaking me

"Mum?" I called slowly opening my eyes but I shut it back immediately due to the blinding light from the sun. I opened it after sometime to see Naomi looking down at me concerned

"It was all a dream, she really left me for good" I sobbed silently sitting up from the ground and Naomi wrapped her hands around me and hugged me and I cried on her shoulder.

"She is in a better place now Temi, and God is taking care of her."

"But I miss her, I miss her so much. I never got the chance to tell her goodbye, never got the chance to tell her how much I love her, I never got the chance to give her the life she deserved before she left me. It really hurts and part of me seemed to have died with her, I feel so heartbroken knowing I will never see her beautiful face again, never get to hug her again, never get to see her smile again, never have the chance to taste her delicious meals again, never have the chance to frustrate her again; why did God have to take her away from me so soon. Why!!!" I lamented still crying profusely.

"God's ways are mysterious and beyond human comprehension. His plans for us are of good and not of evil, I may not understand him perfectly, but one thing my late mum always told me is that I should trust God always and he will never disappoint and so I'm telling you the same thing now. I understand this might be hard since you lost your mum but I want you to trust him no matter what. He is going to make a message out of this mess."