Chapter 23

SINAMAAN NI Lorch ng tingin si Clysm ng kinuha nito si Bunny mula kandungan niya habang pinapakain ang kuneho. It's Sunday and they are all at his house doing nothing but annoying each other.

"Didn't you see I'm feeding him?" Tanong niya sa kaibigan.

"Bud! Bunny is already overweight! You are gonna kill him if you keep feeding him like that!" Clysm glared back as he cuddle Bunny in his arms but it keeps shifting to try to get away.

"He looks cute—"

"Fuck off! He always looks cute but he doesn't have to be fat! He'll die sooner than he should if you keep on feeding him!" Inayos nito ang hawak sa kuneho. "Ipapaalala ko lang, bud, kuneho ko 'to kung gusto mo sayo bumili ka. Papatayin mo pa alaga ko!" Gigil na saad nito.

Sasagot sana siya ng tumawa si Sanity.

And before Sanity could open her mouth, Unx was fast to speak.

"Don't even say a word woman," Unx ordered.

"Why?" Sanity hardly could stop her chuckles.

"Because what's going to go out of your mouth will be about things between our legs," Raven scoffed.

Sanity laughs louder. "Well boys, you weren't wrong."

Bumuntong-hininga si Loch ng umalis si Clysm dala si Bunny. Dahil wala na siyang mapagtuunan ng pansin ay nilapag niya sa tiyan ni Unx ang hawak na bowl na naglalaman ng damo.

"What the— why do you I get this fucker?" Yamot na tanong nito at naupo.

"Bring that to the kitchen unless you want to eat some grass, I'm going outside," sagot niya at hindi ito pinansin ng minura siya nito.

Nagtungo siya sa likod ng bahay niya kung saan ang pool pero natigilan siya ng marinig ang boses ni Youri na may kausap.

"Venice will be dragging you to different shops that is for sure. She has never been in New York yet, so expect my sister to be hyper," anito.

New York? Lorch frowned at the same time his heart pounded. Pagnaririnig niya ang New York hindi niya talaga maiwasang maisip si Saskia.

"Anyway, I have to hang up, it's getting late already. Take care there." Paalam nito.

Nang maibaba ni Youri ng tawag ay nagbuga ito ng hangin saka pumihit paharap sa kanya.

Lorch saw the surprise on his friend's face at the same time panic flickered in his eyes but it was short live and it disappeared.

"Kanina ka pa kuya?" Tanong nito at ngumiti.

Lorch was looking at his friend's hand, rubbing his nape and with Youri's gaze averting away. Youri looks uncomfortable.

"No, but long enough to overhear you talking about New York and your sister, Venice," Lorch replied, his eyes observing his friend very closely.

Napapansin niya sa kaibigan na madalas itong tahimik. He didn't ask because he was preoccupied with many things— emotionally and physically. But Youri's odd behavior when he's around hasn't gone unnoticed. They were trained to spot the slightest change in character on a person so he know when Youri started to change.

Maybe his other friends noticed it too but didn't think much about it, but he couldn't ignore it. Amongst all the friends he has Youri will be the one that will always come after his brothers.

Exhaling, Lorch buried his hands in his pocket and walk toward Youri.

"Are you okay, Youri?" he asked.

Ngumiti ito. "Yeah, kuya. Just tired."

Lorch hummed, not believing his friend but he let go of it and ask, "You're leaving with Venice to New York?"