𓆉 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈

She was scowling and he was refraining himself not to laugh at her condition.

"Take the grasshopper off my head! Why did you throw it at me?!" Minji shouted angrily at Jake while sitting on a root of a big tree. Until now, they are still in the forest.

"I didn't, the grasshopper jumped on your head on purpose." He silently laugh while covering his mouth.

He approached her and bent down at her level "Why is your hair messy? These insects were nesting in your hair as they thought it was their home." He arranged her hair with concentration, brushing her locks away from her frowning face then quickly caught the green insect.

"This is all your fault, Jake." She stood up angrily then glared at the grasshopper that he was holding "This is your lucky day, if i'm not behaving these days, i would kill you real quick." She crosses her arms and then walks away.

Jake pretended to gasp in fear and then slowly lowered the grasshopper to the root of the tree. He shake the dirt off his hands then followed the somewhat angry girl.

He walked ahead until he could face her "You can't touch the grasshopper, can you kill it?" He snickered.

She stopped in her tracks "That line was directed to you, not to that greenish pest."

She rolled her eyes as she fanned herself with her clothes. Her whole body was sweaty as she was walking nonstop. Good thing that the trees blocked the intense sunlight.

"I'm sorry if I brought you here, I thought it was true that there were wild berries growing here." He apologized "You'll forgive me, won't you?" His lips formed into a thin line.

Her eyes softened as she looked at his face, he looked so cute. Even though she was a little annoyed with him, she couldn't hate someone who helped her through this summer.

"I forgive you, thank yourself that you're cute. Im really curious, who told you that there are berries here? "

"No one. I saw a picture of my parents picking berries in a forest. The one displayed on the wall by the stairs, do you know that?"

Her eyes widened in realization "Ah, like their memories on this island? What if we put our picture there too? "She snapped her fingers and grinned at him" Right! Let's take a picture and hang it there."

He thought for a while as he looked on the ground"But I remember Mom telling me to put the photos there for my future kids to see, is it okay to have you in those photos?"

She huffed in annoyance "Of course! I'm the mother of your future kids! I will not allow another woman to be with you in those photos."

He smiled and touched her shoulders "Minji, relax. Its decided, you're going to have a spot on that wall."

To her great joy she engulfed him with a hug without permission. Jake was surprised by her sudden action but eventually embraced her in his arms. He gently caressed her back and he feels very ecstatic that time.

Seems like they need a photographer to capture one of those good memories?

But what they did not know was that there was a stranger lost in that very forest, he was already there in front of them with a pondering face.

"I thought it wasn't like that before?" The stranger wondered while looking at the cuddling pair.

They were startled by his voice and instantly dumbfounded at his presence. They looked at each other and seemed to understand their same thoughts then nodded.

Jake ran away, while Minji

"Vante! Oh my god, how long have I wanted to see you and now you're here in front of me." She jumps in joy while observing his handsome features.

Jake quickly ran back there when he heard what she shouted, he yanks her arm to pull her with him but she wouldn't budge.

Vante's innocent eyes widened at the young woman, realizing something "Vante? No, no. Just call me V."

Jake looked at V up and down and put his gaze back to her "Come on, maybe he's dangerous and we'll be doomed." He whispered.

"Me? I'm not a dangerous person. I'm just wondering at the change that happened here." He looked around the forest.

"Jake! What the hell? He's not a bad guy, he's a vlogger. Don't you know him?" She whispered yelled but Jake just shook his head.

V was deep in thought for a second "Do you live in the white mansion here? How did you find this island, if yes?" He adjusted his tripod and then opened the camera to record.

"Uh, Mr. V. If you could avoid recording on this island, please do. And to answer to your question, yes we live in the big mansion here and I don't know how my parents found this."

V nodded instantly hid the tripod in his camper bag "Thank you, I thought I was dreaming. You know I got here before your mansion was built, before its just a lonely land."

He let out a sigh and looked at the pair "Are you two siblings?"

They locked eyes then shook their head completely baffled.

"V, in your opinion. Do we look alike? Will we pass as siblings?" Minji asked suddenly and Jake just looked at her in disbelief.

"Hm..." He hums as he observed them with squinted eyes "Yes, I thought you were really siblings. But nevermind, I need to leave before that mafia -looking men can catch up with me." He turned to leave.

"Mafia looking-men? What does he mean ..." Minji blinked then followed the vlogger "Wait! V!"

They reached the shore where a motor boat was, V boarded it and then looked at her wondering "Yes?"

"Where did you see the men?" Her heart is pounding as she anticipated an answer. Silently praying that its not what she thinks.

"They are in the port of Jeju. Honestly, I feel scared because there are so many of them, some are wearing black suits and others are wearing scuba wet suits."

He operated the boat "They were on a rather big boat and there were also media in that area." He watched the young woman's reaction then nodded "All right kid, I need to leave now."

Minji had a bad feeling about it, she was sure it was them. Her eyes gazed away at the boat the vlogger was riding in. Her hair was being swayed by strong winds.

She felt someone put their arm around her shoulders, even though she wasn't looking, she knew exactly who it was.

"Where did he see them?"

"They seem to be in Jeju, Jake." She glimpsed at him, his eyes fixed on the ocean and his hair was a mess by the strong breeze.

"They're always in Jeju but they can't even find this island. This is my haven place, here I feel safety and you should too, believe me they will have a hard time finding this place."

She chuckled "I'm like a refuge."

"Of course, you are."

Their eyes met "Let's go inside, maybe they're already looking for us."