Chapter Thirty-Four.

"Marilyn!"

I hear his voice coming from somewhere far away. But I can't see him.

"Marilyn, Open your eyes." 

His voice is getting nearer.

"Damn it!"

And nearer.

Until...

I open my eyes and the first thing I see is his eyes. It seems like my brain isn't functioning correctly because I can't seem to understand the emotion his eyes are holding.

Is it anger?

Concern?

Fear?

"Are you okay?" He's asking me, I open my mouth to tell him that I am okay but no words seem to form.

Have I lost the ability to speak?

"She just fainted in the bathroom, when she didn't come out I went in to check and..." There's another voice behind him. A feminine voice.

"It's okay Brooklyn. Thank you for informing me." 

It's Brooke.

What the hell happened?

"Marilyn, are you okay?" He asked me once again, this time I just nod.

Then something clicks in my mind.

The pregnancy test. In the bathroom. Oh no.

I open my mouth once again and this time I succeed in forming words.

"Brooke?

Aiden sighs in relief and stands up.

"She's calling you, I'll be back in a minute." He says and leaves the room. Just as he shuts the door behind him, Brooke rushes toward me and sits down on the bed beside me.

"Marilyn, you're...,"

"Pregnant. I know. Did you tell him?" I ask her, she shakes her head.

"I hid the test before he came. And I called him after the doctor left so you don't need to worry. I thought you'd tell him yourself so..." I don't let her finish her sentence and get up on the bed to give her a well-deserved hug.

"I fucking love you," I tell her. 

"Good luck with telling him. I bet he'll be delighted." She says, I nod because I don't want to tell her that I'm not going to break this news to Aiden any time soon.

*

"Were you scared when Brooke called you?" I ask him as I watch him dry his hair in front of the mirror. He tosses the towel on the bed, which lands near my feet, and turns towards me.

"I don't know. I was quite concerned." He says, I kick the towel to the floor and lie down. He's such a stone.

I can feel his eyes on me now. I know he's wondering what went wrong with my mind all of a sudden. 

But I'm blaming it all on my hormones.

I pick up my mobile phone to appear nonchalant but all my attention is on him. I can feel him still looking at me.

"I'm going to sleep." I place my phone on the side table and close my eyes. I hope he won't notice anything different about me or my body. I mean I still don't know how far along I am and I think it's too early to show any signs of pregnancy physically.

Should I let him come near me? Should we get intimate now? I mean what's the point?

I did not just think that, of course, there's a point. He has needs. I have needs. We have needs.

I can feel him walk toward me but that's probably because he wants to pick up the towel that I kicked off to the floor. I open my eyes a little to see what he's really up to.

Sure enough, he bends down and picks it up only to toss it on the other side of the room.

His eyes meet mine and I swiftly close my eyes, praying that he'd just ignore me.

Exactly a minute later I find myself pulled towards him, my back pressed against his chest. I suck in a shaky breath and keep my eyes closed. 

My heart nearly bursts as I feel his lips on the back of my neck. Slowly making their way to the length of my back. 

I open my eyes and curse my body for wanting more. For wanting him.

As soon as I open my eyes, it's as if he somehow got to know that I did, he turns me to my back so that now, he's on top of me. 

Looking at me with his hungry eyes. His eyes hold nothing, but hunger and lust. 

He doesn't love me, maybe he never will. But he wants me. He wants me so bad, and that boosts my ego a little. 

His eyes travel to my lips and he leans down to claim them. I let him have his way as long as he doesn't try anything else with me.

He presses his lips to mine and starts kissing me. I keep my arms on my sides because I know if I touched him I won't be able to stop myself. 

And I don't want that to happen right now, I already have too much on my mind. 

His lips leave mine and start making their way down my jaw and towards my neck, his lips feel like fire on my skin right now. Everything is fire.

I'm burning with desire. He's ruining me in every possible way ever.

As his lips work magic on my skin, his hands travel to the hem of my shirt, and I know...

I know what's coming next.

His hand slides inside my shirt, urging me to take it off but I still myself. I don't want to go any further than this. 

Several seconds later, he pulls away from my neck and looks at me. His hands are still inside m shirt. And it feels like my skin is melting away.

"Take off your clothes, Marilyn." He tells me, his tone demanding, his voice bold.

"I- I don't want to." I don't know how I'm gathering up the courage to say this to him but I hope he won't be mad at me.

"What do you mean?" He asks me, still hovering over me, his eyes filled with confusion.

"I just... I just don't feel like it today, I'm tired." I lie to him because yes, I want him right now and no, I'm not tired.

He takes a deep breath and gets off me. As soon as his hands leave my skin, this weird lonely feeling creeps up my body. It seems like my body is getting too used to his touch and that scares me, I don't know why.

"Whatever you say." That's the only thing he says to me before getting out of bed and heading toward the washroom.

My heart seems heavy by this for some reason, I can't believe I just rejected my husband, even though I wanted him just as much as he did.

I hear the shower open in the washroom and close my eyes.

Oh, Gosh. How many cold showers will I have to make him take until I figure out my situation?