3.

WHEN Elexia woke up the next morning, a soft sheet of snow coated the ground. A smile covered her face, but she still groaned when she realized that at school, snowballs would most definitely be flying all over the place and she was bound to get caught in the crossfire.

When she got downstairs, Austin was getting ready to leave for work.

"Have a good day, Dad," she smiled, quickly hugging him. "I love you."

He kissed her forehead. "Thank you, Lex. I love you."

The brunet man ushered out of the doorway and Elexia figured he was in such a hurry because some of the firefighters were arguing again or something of the sort. She appreciated that even when he was in a rush, he always gave her a hug, a kiss and told her he loved her.

She opted to eat some cereal that morning, not in the mood to make herself eggs or pancakes. The blonde actually felt good that morning; she didn't wake up with that usual pit in her stomach. She knew she was happy because of her crush on Rosalie Hale, but she didn't care. She was a teenager and she knew it was normal to find people attractive and date.

Elexia also knew three things - Rosalie was possibly in a relationship with Emmett Cullen, she was also way out of her league, and she might not even be into girls.

That didn't mean Elexia couldn't look, though.

When she pulled into the school parking lot and saw got out of her car, she began jogging over to Bella, who was standing by the back corner of her truck.

"Hey! Bells!" Elexia smiled, patting her friend's shoulder.

Elexia didn't even have time to think when she heard the high pitched screech of the dark blue van hurdling their way. She slid back, falling hard on her back, but Bella was caught in the middle, unable to move out of the way fast enough.

She couldn't see anything, but she suddenly felt like she was going to throw up. Was Bella okay? Was the only question going through her mind.

It took her a minute to register that her head, her butt and her back hurt really bad and she couldn't get up. She must've hit her head on the pavement when she slid back and fell. Hot tears spiked her eyes when she suddenly felt two cold hands on her - one on her shoulder, the other on her knee.

Elexia looked to her left to see Rosalie Hale kneeling next to her, concern evident on her face with how hard her eyebrows were furrowed and how deep she was frowning.

"Elexia, are you okay?" Her voice was panicked as she squeezed her shoulder unconsciously, which honestly hurt Elexia a bit.

"I'm- I'm okay," Elexia nodded, wiping the tears from her freezing cold face. It was so cold that her cheeks turn red from the harsh cold biting at her sensitive skin. She lifted her hand to place it on the back of her head, wincing. There was no blood, luckily, but it was throbbing; radiating down her neck.

"Where's Bella?" She asked. Her voice was barely there, the wind knocked out of her.

Elexia attempted to get up quickly but she was dizzied and slipped, only to be caught by Rosalie.

"Bella's okay, she's with Edward,"

Elexia's eyes went wide and her eyebrows furrowed into confusion. "Edward?"

"Yeah, Edward," Rosalie nodded. "You both have got to get to the hospital to get checked out. You could have a concussion, or worse,"

Elexia nodded, unwilling to fight her on that. She knew she needed the hospital.

"Take me to Bella, please,"

Rosalie nodded again, guiding the limping girl to the crash site where Edward was sitting with Bella on the ground.