201: Battle of Gods (2)

Chapter 201: Battle of Gods (2)

Neji rolled his shoulder, grunting softly at the vanishing pain.

At least the pain wasn't permanent.

"So this was the variable that my Future Sight couldn't see." He suddenly said, locking eyes with the smirking Goddess. "Status Cutter, is it? I could see its effects, like how I somehow lost so many thousands of Levels, but for some reason I couldn't see what caused the damage."

Though after experiencing the attack, he now understood why he couldn't see it.

That sword, it was an Anti Gamer item. It even managed to counter his Future Sight, somewhat, as that quirk had been enhanced by his system and this sword's whole ordeal was to destroy and negate anything related to the Gamer System.

In simpler words, that thing was his kryptonite.

Neji silently tried to use «Rewind» on himself to get back the levels, but it seems his Plan-A was a failure. It didn't get him his levels back. Honestly, he would have been disappointed if it could, that would have been too easy.

"Hah, you are quite the blabbermouth." The Goddess looked at him, not very amused. "You somehow dodged my attack. Still, in normal circumstances that small cut should have annihilated you if not for that annoying Cube suppressing this baby." She patted the sword. "But never mind that, the moment I land a Crit, tens of thousands of your levels would be lost, but since you don't have that many levels, you'd still become Wasted!"

...Was she using game terms against the Gamer?

That was rude.

Also, since she mentioned "Cube", was it the Cube Omniverse's Will? If so, he got another name to thank later.

Instead of apologising for the blatant insult, the hot-headed girl rushed to attack again.

However, this time Neji was prepared, although offended.

Neji used Overclock + Time Stasis + Upgrade, so his sense of speed, which was already faster than that of Lightning, became even greater, almost reaching light speed.

He didn't doubt her words when she said the sword can destroy him. Although his Future Sight couldn't clearly see everything in a scenario  where that sword was heavily involved, such as this one, he could confirm that he would die if this sword hit him in the vitals, for example, heart or head.

Neji was surprised when he figured that it wasn't that easy to dodge the Goddess' attack even with his newfound speed. Though he did avoid all of her attempted slashes.

As Neji dodged for the next few minutes, trying to gauge out her limits, he chuckled.

She was still very fast, even in this slow world. That, along with her hundreds of subordinates, she almost managed to slash him a few times.

Almost.

"What a bullshit item." Neji chuckled as the Goddess started to laugh aloud.

"Look at you, so scared of this Game breaker baby." The girl laughed, stepping forward and trying to slash Neji. Though Neji couldn't understand where she found 'nervousness' in his chuckle. "Where's your arrogance now, huh? You fucking idiot, retarded horny bastard. You are just like him, that fucker. Always thinking with your dick! You were making a harem when we were preparing your demise? How retarded can you get?"

Neji winced. That hit too close to home.

By then, Hercules, one of the two Tier 20s, and some other physical type Gods had flanked Neji from behind as they tried to stop him from dodging. In fact, he was actually in a tight spot, even as he swung his hamaxe, they all managed to dodge since he couldn't give his all while the goddess was following.