58.

The butterflies in her stomach wouldn't leave.

It was Christmas Eve 1924, and the day she would see Tommy and Charlie again.

Half of her was excited and the other half was riddled with nerves.

Adjusting her green sweater, re-tucking the back into her long black skirt. Bella was with her mum in the kitchen helping prepare for Christmas Eve dinner.

Eleanor's excitement was through the roof when Bella told her that Tommy and Charlie were coming.
She couldn't stop talking about how excited she was for Bella and Tommy to be speaking again. She's been waiting for this day to come since Bella moved in. Not that she didn't want her daughter home, but she just loved seeing her so happy with that man.

Which didn't help Bella's nerves. Yes, they talked on the phone the other day, but there was still so much to discuss and so much to catch up on.

The day before, the two went back into town, getting all sorts of presents for Charlie. Anything they could afford, wanting to make this Christmas was as special as possible for the young boy.

Baby nudged Bella's ankle as she wiped her hands clean on the spare kitchen towel. She looked down to see him staring up at her with his big puppy eyes...Bella smiled thinking about Tommy's reaction to meeting Baby.

The food was all ready, just needed to be warmed when the time came.
As Eleanor started getting the ingredients out to make ginger bread cookies, Bella walked around the kitchen and living room, making sure everything else was In place.

The fire was going strong and the Christmas tree stood tall in the corner next to it. She decorated it herself with red ribbon and lights.

It would've been a lot easier if Baby didn't keep grabbing the end of the ribbon and running away with it.
But of course, she didn't have the heart to yell at him. He's just too cute.

Bending down to adjust the presents that were laid underneath it. She had a few hidden upstairs in her closet, but those will be from Santa...

With everything going on in her childhood, she never got to have a traditional Christmas. So she is doing everything in her power to have one for Charlie.

Just as she was adjusting a bow on top of one of the gifts, Baby started barking out the window.
Catching her attention, she stood up peaking out to see a black Bentley pulling up in front of the house.

They were here.

"Sit down Baby." She told the puppy, walking to the front door.

Taking a deep breath before slowly opening it Stepping out to the small walk way.

Tommy had his back to her, as he was just about to open the back door of the car.

Soon a little Charlie jumped down. Bella felt the tears in her eyes, she missed him so much. Seeing him grown and being able to stand on his little legs made her so proud.

This morning, Charlie wasn't sure where they were going. His father just told him it was a Christmas surprise. So when he peaked around his father to see her standing there, his eyes instantly lit up with excitement.

Running around him, heading straight for Bella.
"Mummmy!" He yelled excited, trying not to lose his balance, but he was just so excited to see her.

Bella couldn't hold it in any longer and let the tears fall freely down her cheeks. Squatting down to his level, catching him and bringing into a big hug once he reached her.

"Hello, Charlie" she sniffed with a smile, pulling back to look at his face. He's definitely grown in the last couple months, not too much but he did loose a little bit of his baby cheeks.