𝐖𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐚𝐫

Pairings: Technoblade x Ruler!Reader
Warnings: Yelling, threatening, suggestive flirting
Pronouns: They/them

——————————

(Y/n) felt like they were having a face-off with the general due to the sheer amount of time that the two of them had wasted trying to glare into each other's pupils, hoping that their intimidation techniques would overpower the other. But it didn't seem like either of them were backing down from the mini-staring contest that was being upheld and it only took a few moments for another one were to blink.

"I don't want to have to ask you again," (Y/n) uttered lowly in a tone just below their average vocal range. The pitch of their voice could cause the hairs of a commonor to prick up, or for a peasant to cower in fear. Because it wasn't just their appearance that made (Y/n) intimidating, but just hearing the sound of their words were enough to cause you to shudder.

(Y/n) was reclined in a comfortable chair tucked just beneath their large desk. The both of them were positioned idly in (Y/n)'s office after a meeting was called between the two of them. There was a little debating going back and forth before this moment, but they felt that their words alone were growing thin and that there was really no getting through to this man without the use of threatening or violence. Their elbow was leaned against the armrest of their seat so that they could slouch onto their side, their fingertips brushing against the side of their cheek as they thought to themself, frowning as they kept having to catch eyes with Techno. He himself was stood a few feet away from (Y/n)'s desk, standing up straight at his full height with his arms crossed over his chest and a scrunched look of disgust spreading across his manner. He didn't really want to believe what he was hearing right now, but nevertheless, he was. There weren't a lot of people in the world that could withstand (Y/n)'s intimidation, and Technoblade was certainly one of them.

"-Send your squads back now." (Y/n) completed their former sentence. "If you push back your armies then nobody needs to get hurt."

"Your grace," he acclaimed in a snide manner, "I can assure you that the only ones getting hurt will be your people." His fingers drummed across the sleeves of his coat, the fabric softly tapping against the skin from the inside of the cotton. Along the rhythm of taps ran his patience, only decreasing by the second.

(Y/n) rolled their darkened eyes, their view drawing away from his piercing blue stare for half a second for their vision to wander towards the contents of their table. "I can't imagine where you got that idea or who could've possibly led you to believe that we were that weak." (Y/n) grumbled as they pulled their hand away from their cheek to stop slouching.

"Maybe I'm just perceptive." He tensed his shoulders, lifting up his lip to shrug.

"Then maybe you need to get your eyes checked, Blade." They countered.

He bit his tongue before glaring to respond. "It's General." The general asserted in a demanding tone, pulling his arms away from the fold of his position and taking a single step foreword to ensure that his narrowed eyes really got through to them.

"My formal apologies." They snorted, sarcasm lacing their voice. "Although, I'm sure as general you need to hold all of the common sense of the Anarchtic."

"I'm holding the common sense of our entire continent." Techno claimed with a huff, the corner of his lips teasing a confident smirk. "I think stopping at the Anarchtic would be limiting my abilities."

His vanity was insufferable. Every word that escaped his lips felt like his ego was falling out of his mouth. It was taking (Y/n) so much of their power to restrain themself and to stop themself from just throwing something at him. Their nails dug against the cushion of their armrests before they strained a response. "Don't you have a reputation to keep? Maybe a lady to impress?" Their eyebrow cocked. "Don't be so foolish as to keep your head up that high in the clouds."