Chapter 45 ~ Toiling Together (E)

EXPLICIT

AN: Hello dear readers ❤️ It's the one year anniversary of Ardalings! I can hardly believe it—A year ago I published the Prologue. Some chapters have been more polished than others, but I try to make every one special.

Thus far I have put in at least 2,000 hours of work on this. And no wonder—there's a quarter of a million words!

To help us out, please go back and 🌟Vote🌟 for all the chapters so far if you haven't. For everyone new to Wattpad, that is the star button in the top right on the browser, the bottom left on the app. You can vote for every single chapter. Only me the author sees who votes.

💬Comments💬 help greatly as well, even if you only have time to drop an emoji.🥰 This is for the algorithm so more people will find the book in the search. So much effort goes into it, so thank you everyone for any and all support 🥰

A note on smut/plot: I'm trying to balance both. Of course, our readers mustn't skip plot, as it is what makes the romance meaningful, but you can skip smut, those sections should be easy to identify and skim past.

For anyone who skipped some of the last few fluffy smut chapters, here's what to know: Legolas and Faeriel's bond is beginning to form when they are very emotionally charged and close. Legolas heard Faeriel's voice in his head once but hasn't brought it up with her yet. When they are sexually exploring each other, Faeriel unleashes elemental magic, such as wind blowing, flowers growing, twinkly lights, etc. Rada is adorable and supportive. Hmm. I think that's pretty much it. Let me know if I forgot something important that happened. Hope you enjoy this very diverse chapter!

________________________

An armada of insects buzzed merrily about the opulent sunny meadow, slurping up the flowers' scrumptious nectar and getting their hindquarters positively packed with pollen

An armada of insects buzzed merrily about the opulent sunny meadow, slurping up the flowers' scrumptious nectar and getting their hindquarters positively packed with pollen. Faelas hummed in tune with their discordant felicity, smiling as he softly picked his way through thickets of tall grasses. At this point he cared not if he stuck out like a sore hoof. He drank in a breath of rich aromas and exhaled fully, closing his eyes.

~ Aha! Got you! ~ The Changeling heard a chipper voice gloat in his mind. ~ Now it's your turn. Betcha a whole nut muffin you can't catch me! ~ If it were not for the now unmistakeable voice, Faelas would only have discovered Rusco's presence by the swift reddish blur scurrying behind the grasses and out of sight.

"Ha! He's good," he mused aloud to nobody, a smile cracking into a grin. "Guess I ought to start baking."

"So hasty young Fae?" Came a gruff call from above.

Faelas swiveled his head skyward to descry a pair of shimmering black wings banking his way. A quizzical look crossed his face, as it often did when his raven companion spoke. He closed his eyes and concentrated, allowing his antlers to appear in time for Luna to brake with two flaps and perch perfectly upon them.