91-93

Chapter 91 - Caught Red-Handed (" Are you trying to conquer all members of the Mu's, one by one?") (1)

The very next morning, Xu WanZhi was woken up by a urgent ringer from her cellphone. She looked at her phone and it was from the director of "Blossoming Us". She cleared her throat and picked it up.

"WanZhi... Our entire team have been working on 'Blossoming Us' for almost two months and poured in all of our hard work. Now you are telling me that you won't be coming to the premiere event?" The director could not control his temper and started yelling right away. "What the heck is going on?"

Xu WanZhi had purposefully placed the strategy for the premiere event on the coffee table purposefully where Mu ZhenYu could see and, sure enough, the control freak did not disappoint. Xu WanZhi smiled but maintained a surprised and apologetic tone when she said, "Pardon me, Director. I am not sure I understand what you are talking about."

"I got a call from Fang Lin early this morning telling me that you have other arrangement on 'Blossoming Us' premiere day. What could you possibly have that is more important? As far as I can tell, the audition of 'Plainness' is not for a while longer."

"Did you say Fang-jie is the one who notified you?" Xu WanZhi raised her voice, making her sound even more surprised. "Perhaps there are other arrangements from the company's side. I haven't heard anything from them yet."

"Bullsh*t!" The director had lost it and cussed. "You own 30% of Silver Star's stock. Silver Star's stock had been going up and up, Miss Major Shareholder. You can't just take the money without doing the deeds and forget about those who got you there."

Xu WanZhi hadn't expected the director knew even that.

She pulled the phone away some and prevaricated. "Let me give Fang-jie a call right now and find out what is going on. Just calm down for now."

Having said that, she quickly hung up on the phone and went back to sleep.

It hasn't been long since she hung up on the previous call when her phone rang again. This time it was Shen Yi.

She hadn't had any contact with this male lead since the filming of "Blossoming Us" was over. Pursing her lips, she picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Hi, WanZhi. It's been a while." Shen Yi sounded much calmer than the director. "I heard that you won't be able to make the premiere event. May I ask why?"

Xu WanZhi sighed helplessly. "I have just explained it to Mr. Director. This was from the company. It wasn't my decision."

"Really?" Shen Yi was skeptical, leaning mostly toward disbelieving. "I thought you cancelled it because it mentioned advocating you and I as a couple for a while."

Xu WanZhi said purposefully, "The plan is for us to be a couple? I wasn't aware of that. What a bummer."

Hearing that, Shen Yi chuckled. Finally, he said, "WanZhi, you are a very bad liar."

Xu WanZhi rolled over and placed the phone directly on her face. "Thank you for your complement. I have always been an honest person."

Shen Yi went silent for a little bit before he said to her solemnly, "No, seriously, if you don't want to be 'coupled' with me, I will go and tell the director that I already have a girlfriend and get you out of it. I haven't seen you since the filming was over and I didn't dare to call you. I truly miss you."

"I am fine. Thank you." Xu WanZhi was very good at being diplomatic. "If you really miss me, you can follow my Weibo. I post my pictures on there quite regularly."

"You don't think that I am following your Weibo already? I have saved all the pictures that you have posted already."

Xu WanZhi couldn't help but called him a creep in her mind. Before she could say anything else, her bedroom door was swung open.