The Seawitch's Regret (14)

A Sea of Spells

I once said I'll never leave.

I once said I couldn't leave when the girl who haunts my every dream is out there all alone.

I once said I'll always be content in the deep sea, but look at me now.

I once said I'll always go where she goes.

And now that's how it will be.

"I'm leaving the caves," I stated firmly mornings afterwards.  "My home is no longer here."

"You speak of this place as a home, but was it ever a home for your heart's true home always lied in the hands of another you secretly always desired?"

"I.. I can't leave her all alone when she is like that," I told Keth Zykrula honesty, "I must make sure everything will work out smoothly."

The Keth hold an item hidden in seaweed behind them, "You should take this if trouble ever reaches you..." I was given my spell book.

My eyes widen, my spell book!

I missed you!

"Keth Zykrula oh thank you!  I'm glad you gave this to me," I grinned.

"I'm giving you this even though I know all what awaits.  Wouldn't it be wise to not help, but still it makes me want to help you even more." Zykrula laughed dryly, "A girl like that who dreams will never be contained in a world like ours, so she must have more and find life's true purpose," those words caught me off guard.

I stared at Keth Zykrula who smiled sadly.

I turned to look and ask my question, but there were no words I could muster.

The Keth sighed, "I know what you are doing and I won't stop you, but I will warn you that nothing good will come from this."

"I must be there with her," I decided, "And she needs this.  She won't stop until she is satisfied."

"Oh?" Zykrula cocked her eyebrow, "And what will happen once she is satisfied then what?"

I frowned, "I don't know..."

"When I ask you some time ago, if you were going to leave I meant to fulfill your destiny, life's purpose for you, but you're chasing a mer who is in love with one who'll never be you.   You state you are leaving the caves, but you only go where your heart lies.  When someone is in love, they do outrageous things and when looking back you will only be filled with much regret." The Keth spoke a few last words, "Farewell then, my 21st child..."

I got the spell book and put the page I previously ripped out days before back inside.

I swam up and kept going shallower and shallower.  It was then my head popped above the water.  I saw the land and stood on it, there I saw Levy-- a human with legs-- waiting for me.

Now how did we all get here?

Let's back up a bit, shall we?

~~~

It was the eve before, Levy stood there dreamily as she told me about her desire to see and visit the surface.

"He's looking for me," she whispered, looking out the window.  "He's looking for me, Alehkzir."

I stared at her in confusion, "Who is looking for you?"

"Lehz, he wants to see me.  The human." Levy then offered me a giddy smile, "Did you know that human is a prince?  That changes nothing how I feel, but..." She raised her arms up, "His name is Lucino."