chapter six

chapter six

"lorraine madden. wake up." i heard from a distance, trying to ignore anyone and wanting to stay asleep. "lor!" i finally recognized the voice as conrad's. i stood up, basically still asleep, looking at his direction.

"what." i said grumpily, moving my hair out of my face.

"let's do a muffin run." he said with a smile, holding up some car keys i could see dangling in the air.

"let me put some shorts or something. i'll be right there." i sighed with a laugh.

"i'll be waiting.."

he walked out of my room, closing the door slightly. i checked my phone, realizing that it was 6am. i put on some light wash mom shorts and a white oversized shirt. i paired my outfit with my white converse. right as i was leaving my room, i realized i needed to brush my hair, so i obviously did that.

i quickly ran downstairs, trying not to wake anyone else up. i saw conrad sitting on the couch on his phone. i quietly walked behind him. "okay i'm ready!" i said to him, putting my chin on top of his head. i felt his head slightly shake, knowing that he just laughed. he got up and we got inside jeremiah's car. we tried not to touch a lot of things in it because if he found out we were in his car, he would both kill us so quickly.

"how's nicole?" i asked conrad, nudging his side, teasing him.

"you want to know about nicole?"

"sure." i replied.

he looked at me with a smile, tilting his head a bit. "that's not convincing. why?"

"well she's like your girlfriend."

"yeah and?"

"and i want to know about her."

"why?"

"because she's your girlfriend. i just mentioned that."

"definitely. well then. how's mattheo?"

"no way you're comparing a man i met yesterday to a girl you are dating and have known for over a year."

"seriously though, what do you see in mattheo?" he asked, becoming slightly serious.

"i don't see alot. i just. he's confident, was straight up with me. didn't contemplate anything. he's not like the guys that say 'i need to tell you something' and then end up saying 'whatever'. plus he's kind."