Chapter 13

*Unedited*

"Here?" Dana asked, looking outside the window.

"Yep."

"Why? I mean," she paused, looking down at herself, "I am not dressed for this."

"You look amazing, Dana." Ethan said. "Plus, you've already got me. You don't have to dress to impress anymore," he added jokingly then winked at her, making her laugh.

"I never dressed to impress you." She stuck her tongue out at him.

"Really? Never? Hmm..." He looked at her thoughtfully while running his index finger on his chin. His amusement was apparent through his expressions.

In that moment, Dana couldn't help but think how handsome he was. Is this the same guy you found annoying? She asked herself.

"Come. Let's go." He got out of the car. Dana followed suite and stepped out as well. She waited for Ethan to get to her side before they both walked into the extremely posh restaurant Ethan had chosen for dinner that night.

"The next time, we're doing this my way," she said after they were settled on their table.

"Dinner?" Dana nodded. "You don't like this place?" Ethan asked seriously. "If you don't we can always go somewhere else."

"No. That's not what I meant. You always choose a restaurant, so I know of your tastes. Next time let take you to the restaurants that I like."

Ethan smiled and looked away, his eyes now focused on the waitress who walked towards their way.

"Good evening, sir, ma'am. Would you like to order something to drink?" She asked politely.

"A bottle of Chianti, please." Ethan then looked at Dana. "If you don't taste this, you're missing out."

The waitress nodded and left them.

"I love wine," Dana stated.

"Thought so. See that's why we are here. It's quiet, a bit boring but its also a way for us to spend some time together and get to know each other."

"You already know me. You know both my past and my present."

"And your future?"

"My future?" She questioned.

"Yes. What are your plans for yourself?" He took a moment to thank the waitress, who was pouring wine in their glasses, before looking back at her.

"I am just...for now I can't think past William." She admitted, extending her hand to grab her glass of wine before sipping from it. "Delicious." She commented, tilting the glass slightly in Ethan's direction.

Ethan nodded in acknowledgement before continuing their conversation. "William, yes. But suppose that wasn't a concern. Ideally, where do you see yourself in a few years?"

"I want to be able to buy a bigger house. Which means take on more assignments at work. Possibly work for a more established news channel than the one I'm currently working at. It'll pay me more and open new doors."

"You're ambitious," he stated. "I like it. And what about your personal goals?"

"My personal goals? There are many things that I want to work on at an individual level. Besides that... I see myself settling down and having a family in three to four years."

"Marriage, huh?" He looked at her as he took another sip of his wine.

"Are you ready to order?" the waitress asked while looking at both of them.