Scene 3 - Emergency at Space City

Now, we are back in time two years ago as Dr. Venus explains the story. We cut to see the infinite, dark universe of endless space. A craft, the one seen earlier, charges through space for us to see from the right of the screen to the left. The Scout vessel, belonging to the antagonists, is designed with two sides. Both sections are the interior workings of the mighty scout ship, with one of the sides holding a powerful, deadly laser beam designed similarly to an antenna. The control area of the ship is at the central spherical point where both sides meet.

Dr. Venus:

As it approached our space, Space City prepared to brief myself, Steve, and Professor Matic.

This then cuts to the bird's eye view of the revolving Space City tower.

The Alpha Doomstorms were an evil civilisation. And the World Space Patrol had full authority to act to stop them.

We are then revealed inside the Space City control room.

Commander Zero:

What have we got, Lieutenant?

Lieutenant Ninety:

Unidentified Scout vessel entering Sector 25 now. Course, Colevio. It's... It's from Grandos! The Alpha Doomstorms, sir.

Commander Zero:

The Alpha Doomstorms? They're some of the most ruthless and callous people in the entire universe. If they even get their foot in the door of our space, they will turn this corner of the galaxy into an empire of slavery for their own ends. We need to get out there and stop that Scout vessel. It means their forces are on their way! Get Steve Zodiac out there at once, Lieutenant! This is the biggest emergency the World Space Patrol is ever about to go up against.

This then immediately cuts to seeing the stock footage of Fireball XL5 taking off on its ramp. Fireball blasts its engine as it taxis along the track, gaining speed rapidly, blowing more of its motors and firing even more powerful rockets to boost momentum. Eventually, reaching towards the end of the track, she zooms up into the air, rocketing into the sky and flying into space. The launch sledge is thrown off the rail as the rocket blasts up into the sky. This then returns us to the control room.

Lieutenant Ninety:

Fireball XL5 now leaving Space City.

Commander Zero:

This is Commander Zero of Space City calling Fireball XL5.

We see Fireball XL5 blasting up and up through the empty void of space. Inside the craft, Steve is sat with Robert at the controls of their ship. On their radio call, we will alternate shots with Steve and the Commander.

Steve Zodiac:

Fireball XL5 to Space City, on course for planet Colevio.

Commander Zero:

Good. Now, Steve. This is one of your toughest assignments to date. With the imminent threat of the Alpha Doomstorms looming over the universe, your choices are either this; for the Scout vessel to surrender themselves and to return to their home planet in peace, or to destroy the vessel.

Steve Zodiac:

Right, Commander. We won't take any fooling about with these aliens. Will report again when we rendezvous with Colevio.

Commander Zero:

Ok, Steve. And take it easy. These Grandosians mean business.

Steve Zodiac:

Professor Matic? How's the log going about Colevio and our friends the Alpha Doomstorms.

We cut to the Navigation Bay where Professor Matic sits in his revolving chair and reads off the monitor in front of him the log about planet Colevio and the Alpha Doomstorm species. Like before, we will cut between Steve and Matic, sometimes hearing each other on their radios.

Professor Matic:

Well erm, planet Colevio is an ocean paradise, Steve. An entire world of water. The natives of the planet are the Lazoons.

Steve Zodiac:

The Lazoons? Aren't they those rather strange little bear creatures?

Professor Matic:

That's right, Steve. Unfortunately, they aren't the brightest creatures. They only have little brains and a life span of maybe twenty or thirty years. The Lazoons live in the underground catacombs of the planet, never seeing the light of day and trapped underground their whole lifetimes.

Dr. Venus arrives at the control cabin.

Steve Zodiac:

Poor little creatures. What would they do down there all day long?

Professor Matic:

They feed off the rocks that make up the walls of their catacombs, sometimes other strange properties from the rocks too. It's enough to keep them going, but that's all.

Dr. Venus:

Lazoons are rather lazy creatures I gather, so they wouldn't get up to much in their underground homes, Steve. I always found them rather cute though.

Professor Matic:

I suppose they are, to some extent, Venus. They're usually very friendly. Not many other life forms across the universe find them particularly pleasant beings unfortunately. Like the err... Zanadus for example.

Steve Zodiac:

So what would these Alpha Doomstorms want with the Lazoons?

Professor Matic:

I haven't the foggiest, Steve. It's not a particularly notable planet by any means.

Steve Zodiac:

Well, whatever they've come for, they're about to tangle with Fireball XL5. At our current rate of speed, we will be arriving at Colevio at the same time as the Alpha Doomheads.

This then cuts to see Fireball XL5 blasting towards the left of the screen, on its way to Colevio...