Professor Sevy (SS)

Introduction:
When the students hear Professor Y/L/N call the scary Potions Master for 'Sevy', they decide to refer to him as 'Professor Sevy' after that day. What will happen when a student accidentally calls him that to his face one day?

This is a request from acupnoodle on Tumblr. Thank you for your request!

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 7/9/2022 ———————————————

Word count: 1.1k
TW: Severus hitting students with a book (not hard enough to harm them)

Severus Snape is strolling towards the History of Magic classroom. He has promised Professor Y/L/N to give her a potion to combat her headache.

If it was any other professor, he would have waited until their lessons were finished. However, not this professor - not his wife. He can't bear thinking about the love of his life teaching the dunderheads through a horrible headache. That needs to be fixed immediately.

He dramatically enters the classroom, ignoring the many curious faces looking at him.

"Your potion is ready, Professor Y/L/N" he says as he hands the vial to his wife.

Nobody knows that they are married, only the Headmaster and a few of the other professors do. They would like to keep it private from the students.

Besides, their young minds would just be confused how to address their History of Magic teacher - Professor Snape? Well, which one? The nice one or the snarky one who is always scowling?

Professor Y/L/N is definitely the best option.

Y/N smiles as she grabs the offered potion. "Thank you, Sevy" she says, forgetting about the students being there.

"You are welcome" he casually replies, not realizing the students can hear them.

It's an everyday thing for them after all - she always calls him Sevy. Well, in private, but still. It's like he forgets they aren't the only ones in the room when he looks at his wife.

As he leaves with his cloak billowing behind him, Y/N drinks the potion before returning her focus to the students.

"Sorry about the interruption. Please turn to page two hundred and one, class" she tells them as she writes something on the board in front of her.

While she does that, she doesn't notice all the students whispering to each other.

"Bloody hell! Did she just call him 'Sevy'? And she isn't dead?" Ron Weasley asks, looking bewildered.

Harry Potter looks just as confused. "I have no idea what just happened. He didn't even yell at her" the boy says.

Hermione Granger rolls her eyes. "There's got to be a logical explanation. They are probably friends" she suggests.

She scowls when she hears Draco Malfoy laugh.

"You really think Professor Snape would let anyone call him that, even a friend of his? You aren't as bright as they say you are, Granger" he taunts.

As the three friends glare at the Slytherin boy, Neville Longbottom looks deep in thought. "Maybe he's sick? Maybe he's finally become a bit more... human?" the boy hesitates.

"Oh, yeah? Well, Longbottom, there's only one way to find out. If a student calls him that" Malfoy says, smirking.

"Yeah, right. And risk getting detention until they turn fifty?" Potter jokes.

That makes Weasley snort. "Well, I don't know about you, but I'll no longer refer to him as 'Snape'. It's 'Professor Sevy' from now on" the red-haired boy declares.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but that's a good one, Weasley! 'Professor Sevy'" Malfoy repeats, laughing at the thought.

As the lesson turns somewhat back to normal, all the students in that room agree on calling the scary Potions Master for 'Professor Sevy' from now on. Of course, only when he isn't near.

They don't know what other strange behaviour he might develop next - a smile? Or Merlin forbid, a laugh? Points to Gryffindor?

Whatever made him accept Professor Y/L/N calling him that nickname, the students are glad that it did. Because thanks to that, they now have a new nickname for him.
______________________________

A few days later, it's time for Potions. Severus sighs to himself. He doesn't want to teach Potter and his friends...

"Can't I just teach my Slytherins?" he mutters. As his wife hears this, she laughs.

"Come on, Sevy. The Gryffindors do need to learn about Potions as well. And who could teach them better than you? Get up and knock some knowledge into their heads. Not literally, of course" she says, chuckling.

That makes him smirk. "Thanks for the idea" he states, giving an innocent look.

Y/N playfully hits his arm as she helps him up from the couch in their shared chambers.

"I'll be here when you return" she tells him as she kisses his cheek. He melts into the kiss, enjoying her lips on him.

Nodding, he kisses her forehead before leaving.

He strolls towards the Potions classroom and dramatically enters. "Today you will be brewing Calming Draught. Begin" he orders.

As the students start gathering the needed ingredients and begin brewing the potion, he walks around and inspects their work. He scowls as he sees Potter and Weasley's poor attempts.

He gets an idea as he looks at the Potions book on their desk. Smirking to himself, he grabs the book. Y/N told him not to literally knock some knowledge into them - but she never explained whether she meant by using his hands or a book.

He smacks the boys on the back of their heads with the book. Not enough to actually hurt them, but enough for them to feel it.

They both groan in pain. "What the bloody hell?!" Weasley exclaims, rubbing the sore spot.

"I'm simply trying to knock some knowledge into your heads... You clearly lack that as your potion is all wrong" he states, raising an eyebrow at them.

Potter huffs. "That's not fair, Professor Sevy" he says without thinking.

The whole room instantly turns silent.

Severus is staring at the boy. "What. Did. You. Just. Call me?" he demands.

Weasley gulps, looking between his friend and the professor.

"Professor Snape, I called you Professor Snape" Potter quickly says, trying to save himself. He winces when the Potions Master slams his hands on his table.

"Don't. Lie. To me!" he growls.

"Professor Y/L/N called you that, so why can't we?" the Boy Who Lived dares to ask.

As the words register into Severus' head, he groans. He hadn't realised that his wife called him that in front of them. Great, he now has to tell them.

He sighs to himself before replying. "Because she's my wife, that's why" he confesses.

All the students are shocked. Did they hear right? Professor Y/L/N is married... to HIM?

"Twenty points from Gryffindor. Resume brewing" Severus demands, ignoring their surprised faces. He wants this lesson to end - quickly.

After that day, the students use every opportunity to tease the snarky professor. Whenever he's with his wife in public, they will make kissing noises while saying "Sevy".

Y/N merely chuckles while Severus glares at them, crossing his arms.

They continue for a few weeks. After having received several detentions and lost quite a few points, they decide not to say that nickname in front of him anymore.

Of course, they still refer to him as 'Professor Sevy' - when they are sure the scary professor isn't near.

The secret might be out, but after some reassurance, Severus doesn't care. All he cares about is his darling wife, Y/N.
———————————————

Author's note:
The next one shot "I Think I Love You" (Valtor) will be published on 7/12/2022!