Danzo & Orochimaru's Meeting

Yami knew that Mizuki wasn't strong in body or mind so he will be an easy experimental subject in the future. Or the other option would be to talk to someone who is good at genjutsu like Kurenai but she could tell Hiruzen how good Yami's Genjutsu is.

'Didn't Kurenai have a student who was too good in Genjutsu that she had put the whole village in one? I think her name was Yakumo Kurama. I'll keep Kurenai as the last option hopefully, it doesn't come to it' Yami thought as he picked up the scroll for multiple-shadow clone jutsu.

After reading the scroll he performed the seals to create a shadow clone but the clone looked as pale as a ghost and it couldn't even walk properly. Yami tried again and again and on the 4th try, he was able to create a perfect clone of himself.

'Let's see how many clones I can create without exhausting my chakra' Yami thought as he created more clones of himself. In the end, he ended up making 5 clones. He canceled them and decided to get his genjutsu meditation started. He wanted to give the clone to do it but he thought that this is the first time so he should do it himself and he wanted to try something as well.

Yami sat down to meditate and he began to imagine the things around him and create a world inside his mind which was the same in real life so if he uses that genjutsu on someone then that person wouldn't even realize that he is in a genjutsu. After following the instructions written in the scroll and meditating Yami could feel that the illusion he had built inside his mind was getting refined more and more.

'Now let's try if my clone does the same thing, then does it do me any good?' Yami thought as he created a shadow clone of himself.

"You meditate while I go and sleep. I have to get up early tomorrow to practice some Taijutsu." Yami said and the clone gave him a thumbs up and sat down to meditate.

While all this is happening in an underground structure that looked like a science lab 3 people were in a room. On one side was an old man with one hand and one eye bandaged sitting with a sour expression. It was Danzo and in front of him, a man with a pale face and an evil smile was sitting. He was Konoha S-rank missing shinobi and one of the three Legendary Sanin, Orochimaru. Behind him was a kid with round spectacles. He had a scalpel in his hand and a medical book in the other.

"So Danzo are you telling me that you couldn't even do such a small task?" Orochimaru said while licking his lips with his extra-long snake-like tongue.

"Tsk...there was nothing I could do. By the time my men entered the Uchiha compound, all the eyes were plucked out and except for Itachi's 2 younger brothers, there was no one there to take it." Danzo said with an annoyed expression.

"Could those two have done it?"

"No they are 4 and 7 years old and both were found unconscious due to severe exhaustion so they both are out of the question. This was definitely the work of Itachi. He knew how powerful the Sharingan is" Danzo said.

"So now you will have to capture the boy?" Orochimaru asked. He had already started imagining Yami and Sasuke on his operating table.

"No. Hiruzen has told me to disband the root but I have convinced him that root will only be used for intelligence gathering purposes. If he finds out that I made any move then he won't disband root but take it for himself. The elder one Sasuke will probably continue academy in a few days so I can keep an eye on him but the younger one doesn't leave the Uchiha compound much so it's hard to keep an eye on him."

"All I hear are excuses Danzo but not one solution. Such a big thing like a massacre happened and you couldn't get a single thing out of it. Seems like giving you those Hashirama cells turned out to be a waste.

"Orochimaru you seem to have a death wish" Danzo was getting irritated by the constant taunting that Orochimaru had going on.

"Hehe...your welcome to try."Orochimaru said with a provoked gaze. Before Danzo could reply the kid from behind Orochimaru came forward and said "Master Orochimaru let's not dwell in the past and think about what to do in the future"

"Hmph...at least someone over here has brains" Danzo snorted.

"Currently I am a member of the Akatsuki. So with that and my experiments, I have my hands full"

"What can you tell me about the Akatsuki?" Danzo wanted to find out more about this mysterious organization.

"You have nothing to offer me Danzo so ask questions when you can afford the answers. Kabuto show Danzo out" Orochimaru said as he left.

"This bastard" Danzo could only curse as he knew that Orochimaru can kill him. Except for Kotoamatsumi he has no trump cards. He planned to connect the Sharingan of the Uchiha elders on his arm which were made of cells from Hashirama Senju.

"Come Mr. Danzo let me show you the way. We don't want you to trigger any trap and blow yourself up don't we?" Kabuto said with a sly smile on his face.

'I need to inform Master Sasori about this. If Itachi really has all the Sharingans in his procession then it will prove as a good upgrade to Master Sasori's puppets' Kabuto thought. Kabuto was a spy for Sasori and Sasori mind-controlled Kabuto using a special technique.

Konoha Village

Uchiha compound

The next morning, as the sun rose up a room in the Uchiha compound, Yami's room which was completely dark, lit up. While on the bed Yami was sleeping, on the side a clone of his was still meditating. Yami woke up from his sleep rubbing his blue eyes and looked at the clone who had opened his eyes as well but instead of blue eyes there was a single tomoe Sharingan.

"Don't disperse yet. I don't want a headache as soon as I wake up." Yami said and the clone nodded.

----------------------------------------------------------------

10 extra chapters on Patreonhttps://patreon.com/lazarus898/Link in synopsis as well